Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: paper magazine pattern pieces

is it possible for magazines to misprint the correct size pattern pieces? I have been working on a star block pattern, and my triangles are suppose to align up on the short sides for fly geese and they are not working together.

Blog Entries
    It is possible, have you also double checked your seam allowances and measurements? :D:D:D

Does the magazine have a website? Sometimes they print corrections there if they do :D:D:D

i just had that problem with i block in once more around the block book

I cut the paper pattern pieces( there were only sizes) as careful as I could to transfer to template and even just laying the pieces side by side I can tell the triangles arent going to line up along side short sides of the larger triangles.

Can you post a link to the pattern? Maybe someone else can give you an answer. Triangles are always deceiving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
    is it possible for magazines to misprint the correct size pattern pieces? I have been working on a star block pattern, and my triangles are suppose to align up on the short sides for fly geese and they are not working together.
    It doesn't happen often, but, it does happen. I'm working on a pattern right now that they forget one complete cutting step. Unfortunately it is an old magazine and I can't be bothered to contact them. I did mange to figure it out on my own without too much difficulty. Good Luck!

this is an older magazine also. 1984 to be exact..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterella
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
    It doesn't happen often, but, it does happen. I'm working on a pattern right now that they forget one complete cutting step. Unfortunately it is an old magazine and I can't be bothered to contact them. I did mange to figure it out on my own without too much difficulty. Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    look up the magazines site online. if there are errors they do post them. and yes, they can make mistakes. Even Eleanor Burns of Quilt in a Day has mistakes in her books!

I give up on flying geese blocks..:( I wish there was a book out there that told you how to lay out your fabrics, cutting out the template patterns from the fabric. I can get the handquilting thing down pat, the sandwiching, even the binding but actually cutting out the pattern pieces is making me crazy.