Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paper pieced double wedding ring pattern >

Paper pieced double wedding ring pattern

Paper pieced double wedding ring pattern

Old 03-14-2014, 10:24 AM

When I did a DWR, I used the templates by John Flynn. It was surprisingly not hard! When I get to the laptop, I'll post a photo. I did blacks and whites. Good luck with yours. It will make a wonderful gift.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
IQ2

Originally Posted by Bearpawquilter View Post
My son is getting married next summer and I would like to make them a double wedding ring quilt. A quilter in my guild made one with bright batiks on a black background. Her background fabric had a gold metallic print. Stunning quilt!! I want to paper piece. I don't like the McCalls pattern that comes up on searches - rings are too thick. Anyone know where I can find a pattern?
Check out this tutorial for a paper pieced "fake" DWR:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t240463.html
Old 03-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nantie View Post
Judy Neimeyer has patterns...her website is Quiltworx.Com..I have been working on this pattern very slowly for a couple of years, but it is a lovely pattern.
I am about to start a Judy Neimeyer pattern so I have seen the wedding ring table runner on eBay. I found this on Google:

Double Wedding Ring
From the Annual McCall’s 1999/2000 Issue
Owned by Nancy Ferguson

Whether you make this beauty as a gift or for yourself, once finished it will surely become a family heirloom. This is not a quilt for a beginner, or the faint at heart.

Skill Level ADVANCED

Finished Quilt Size
69 1/2" x 84 3/4"

There is a company that makes fusible with the wedding ring design printed on it. Same company that does EB printed fusible for her books. Can't remember the name.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM

I must have been interested in this double wedding ring quilt for a while. In digging through my supplies, I found a book by Mary Henderson & Anne Dease. There method is to use arcs of fusible interfacing and sew your pieced arcs to them. Then turn them right side out and press onto a 12 x 12 square. The corner pieces are then done in a flip and sew method to cover the square piece. You can order the interfacing with the printed design from quiltsmart.com. I think I am going to try this one and the one from Quilters Cache and see if I can accomplish them.