Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Paper pieced double wedding ring pattern

My son is getting married next summer and I would like to make them a double wedding ring quilt. A quilter in my guild made one with bright batiks on a black background. Her background fabric had a gold metallic print. Stunning quilt!! I want to paper piece. I don't like the McCalls pattern that comes up on searches - rings are too thick. Anyone know where I can find a pattern?

Blog Entries
    I don't know about paper piecing a double wedding ring.
    But I like the Cheryl Phillips method of making a double wedding ring.
    Tammy

Judy Neimeyer has patterns...her website is Quiltworx.Com..I have been working on this pattern very slowly for a couple of years, but it is a lovely pattern.

Blog Entries
    Have you searched Carol Doak's patterns?
    And here's another I've found by a different author--
    Wedding Ring, Pickle Dish and More: Paper Piecing Curves by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick

I believe Patrice did a paper pieced wedding ring tutorial. If you can't find it, PM me, I have it saved on my computer.

Blog Entries

Paperpieces.com has the paper templates if you want to do it in the English paper piecing style.
    http://www.paperpieces.com/contents/en-us/d10.html

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    http://www.quilterscache.com/D/Doubl...RingBlock.html
    It's not all paper pieced but is assembled differently than most others.

Blog Entries
    i have a DWR pattern with templates. be happy to sell cheap. pm me if you are interested!!! ooops. not a paper piece. use templates...could do english paper piecing

Quote Originally Posted by Nantie
    Judy Neimeyer has patterns...her website is Quiltworx.Com..I have been working on this pattern very slowly for a couple of years, but it is a lovely pattern.

luv this one - its a very refreshing take on a traditional design

Thanks for all your suggestions everybody. This is like having a virtual quilt guild. Thanks again

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Now I have to check out the paper patterns. I love Paper Pieces.com So glad you got so many links.

http://www.freespiritfabric.com/grap...erys/t97_1.pdf

Here's a PP DWR pattern. And here: http://www.theplaidscottie.com/2011/...lt-along.html# is a quilt along for DWR (there is a tab DWRQ Quilt Along in the upper bar of the blog with all of the steps listed).

I did check out "The Plaid Scottie" blog. In general her blog is great, really fun. The quilt along for double wedding ring is great. Very clear pictures and detailed instruction. I got kind of chicken though. Thought I would be biting off more than I can chew! Maybe try a table runner to start with and see how it goes and then add to it if it goes well. This morning DH said just go for it - what's the worst that can happen. It doesn't turn out good and you cut it up for rags. He doesn't get it but he is supportive.
    Thanks to all of you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Anyone out there have instructions for assembling paper-pieced sections of a Double Wedding quilt?

Check out Quilter's Cache for a simple assembly with no "Y" seams. sure looks simpler. I am really wanting to make a DWR but it would take so much material and time. Guess I will try a pillow top or something to see how I do.

Blog Entries
    I went onto utube and found a video and purchased the pieces. The lady wS wearing a denim overall bid or similiar sorry so vague it was 3 years ago. I made it in sections as shown in the picture as it was easier to quilt. There were 9 of these sections although I made the centre section as a medallion with quilted circle of flowers with the couples initials. In centre. Sorry can't find photo of complete quilt.
    It went together so easily as I followed the video.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finished is better than a UFO

Paper panche has one a little different.
    Gale

Check out this website: http://mccallsquilting.com/patterns/....html?idx=6913 After you have checked out the pattern, scroll down comments until you come to Joanneaxt's comments. This sounds like a complicated way to putting the quilt together, but it really isn't. Have fun with it!

When I did a DWR, I used the templates by John Flynn. It was surprisingly not hard! When I get to the laptop, I'll post a photo. I did blacks and whites. Good luck with yours. It will make a wonderful gift.
    Lori

IQ2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearpawquilter View Post
    My son is getting married next summer and I would like to make them a double wedding ring quilt. A quilter in my guild made one with bright batiks on a black background. Her background fabric had a gold metallic print. Stunning quilt!! I want to paper piece. I don't like the McCalls pattern that comes up on searches - rings are too thick. Anyone know where I can find a pattern?
    Check out this tutorial for a paper pieced "fake" DWR:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t240463.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nantie View Post
    I am about to start a Judy Neimeyer pattern so I have seen the wedding ring table runner on eBay. I found this on Google:

Double Wedding Ring
    From the Annual McCall’s 1999/2000 Issue
    Owned by Nancy Ferguson

Whether you make this beauty as a gift or for yourself, once finished it will surely become a family heirloom. This is not a quilt for a beginner, or the faint at heart.

Skill Level ADVANCED

Finished Quilt Size
    69 1/2" x 84 3/4"

There is a company that makes fusible with the wedding ring design printed on it. Same company that does EB printed fusible for her books. Can't remember the name.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I must have been interested in this double wedding ring quilt for a while. In digging through my supplies, I found a book by Mary Henderson & Anne Dease. There method is to use arcs of fusible interfacing and sew your pieced arcs to them. Then turn them right side out and press onto a 12 x 12 square. The corner pieces are then done in a flip and sew method to cover the square piece. You can order the interfacing with the printed design from quiltsmart.com. I think I am going to try this one and the one from Quilters Cache and see if I can accomplish them.