Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pattern question?

Blog Entries
    The craftsy pattern is similar, but not the same.

Phranny, it looks more complicated than it is. You can either do paper piecing or regular piecing. There is a special ruler that makes it easier to piece the quilt.

Blog Entries
    You are right Dolphyngyrl, the pattern is on ericas.com. The name of the pattern is "Melinda's Heart"

Hopetoquilt: I keep looking at the quilt, it's stunning. And I read that it's paper-pieced. I have done pping before, perhaps I can tackle it. The wedding is not until fall 2014, so time is on my side for now.
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

Quote Originally Posted by phranny View Post
    Nancy, that was a very thorough list, but it wasn't there.

Tartan and Jillaine, that is the very one!

Now that I see it again, it may be beyond my abilites.

Thanks ladies!
    Phranny -

Don't give up too easily. My wife and I are "advanced beginners" and we were able to make a really nice Storm at Sea using Wendy Mathson's "Trimplates." Here is an Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/fast2cut-Quilt...=wendy+mathson . I love this pattern and have wanted to make one for a long time. I bought a regular set of templates, and they worked ok, but this was light years easier and more accurate. Here is my finished quilt: http://www.quiltingboard.com/persona...s-t209159.html . Let us know what you decide to do.

Darren

These look like fun hearts: http://carterquilter.wordpress.com

Darren,

What a wonderful story you shared. it brought tears to my eyes this morning! How is parenthood working out for you now?

I will be saving the link to the templates, that is another option. Your quilt looks beautiful!

Many thanks to everyone for being so helpful!
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

Blog Entries
    Darren, Thank you for the links. I purchased the trim plates. Did you use them with her book?

Grammy -

I did buy the book, but you don't have to use it if you have the trimplates. There are directions with the trimplates. I did use the troubleshooting guide in the book when I first started and it was handy. If I were doing it over I would start with the trimplates and try to do without the book. That being said, there are some great layout ideas and suggestions in the book. I guess I'm not much help am I? Let me know when you get started - I'd love to see your progress and your finished quilt.

Darren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2