Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pessimistic or optimistic?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    Which one is your favorite???
    My fav is the first one I lay my hands on, LOL I do not as a rule loose things, i may not remember where I put it last, but I do find it sooner or later. the little red one is one I have had for over 50 years.(have no idea where the cap is for it, but it is around here some where) I just took the EZ folding one out of the pkg, today, have not tried it as yet. I have one or two at each machine and easy chair where I do hand work.

Blog Entries
    I think you win the "seam ripper collection" contest. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have a lot too but I don't know where they all are. And when I need one, I need it right now. I just bought one today that is like your brown handled one next to the yellow one. I have several like that cream colored one on the end. I have a blue one that you don't have in that pic but I hate it. It has a little burr or something on the tip and it snags. I tried sanding it and it didn't work so I just quit using it. I think it's a dritz.

Must be a variety thing, minute I loose one all are suddenly on vacation with it. :)

Try a emery board or nail polisher to knock off burrs, helps with pins that end up with a little burr also :)

I think you could use a few more:wink:...like the Fons & Porter or the other green one (can't remember the brand).

I have 4 of the examples you display there, and another 3 besides...(need one for every sewing box)...

Blog Entries
    according to the Law of Inverse Probability (if you're prepared to deal with it, it will not happen), you are optimistic. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    according to the Law of Inverse Probability (if you're prepared to deal with it, it will not happen), you are optimistic. ;-)

Maybe that's why when I worry and am concerned about something it never happens but if I let it go... oh wow how something so small could dare be a problem. Absolutely love your law of inverse probability! I'm so relieved to be optimistic!

I'm feeling good now....i only have two LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I have two. Guess that make me an optimist:>
    I have a couple but rarely use them. Those pointy things are awful, never use them. Occasionally use the surgical seam rippers, but usually use my fiskars scissors if I need to remove a seam.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast