Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pet beds for shelter

A couple of questions for those of you who have used your scraps to make pet beds. Do you just stuff a pillow case with batting and fabric scraps? Do you tack it down in any way so that they are easy to wash or lay flatter? Or is it best to stuff an inside liner and make an outside cover that is either snapped or zippered. Need all of your suggestions. Thanks.

I make an outside removable shell. For the inside I sew a makeshift pillow case if I'm stuffing with something small, like fabric scraps. I have also used old blankets and quilt batting, cut to size/shape and tied all the way through in a few spots around the outside and in the middle to hold together.

Our shelter ask that they be easy to wash. So I have been sanhwiching by batting and mahchine quilting at flat.

What a neat idea. Now I know what to do with my LA practice batting in muslin. Got plenty of extra yardage for outer case, too.

I piece my batting scraps and loosely quilt. You can use old sheets or pillow cases from the thrift store for them. Anything that washes well.