Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff free motion HELP

i bought a new Pfaff 2.0 for my xmas present & have been playing with it Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong for free motion quilting? I lowered the feed dog & when i try to stitch it seems "stuck" I looked through youtube videos but nada
    thanks

Cindy

i am going in for a class next wk but who wants to wait? lol

Blog Entries
    I had a Pfaff a few years ago and to do free motion you had to lower the foot only part way. The lever at lowers the foot goes down about 1/2 way and to the back - then catches (I think it's for darning). This way your foot stays about a 1/4" or so above the sewing plate. I don't know if yours is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I had a Pfaff a few years ago and to do free motion you had to lower the foot only part way. The lever at lowers the foot goes down about 1/2 way and to the back - then catches (I think it's for darning). This way your foot stays about a 1/4" or so above the sewing plate. I don't know if yours is like that.
    Mine is the same way. Lower presser foot 1/2.

OH THANK YOU I'LL TRY THAT ! I DID LIFT THE BLACK PART IDT I THINK IT'S CALLED LOL

i love this board You ALL are so great :)

If you are in need of doing the free motion quilting before you fix the problem just raise the feed dog back up to the original position and tape a credit card over the feed dog area. This will give you the smooth and flat surface.

I am not a good guesser as to what is the problem. Sorry!

WELL THANK CARRON CAUSE I WILL DO THAT IF ALL ELSE FAILS :) I LEARN FROM ACTUALLY DOING IT, NOT READING BUT EVEN READING THE BOOK DIDNT HELP HAHA

Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I own a Pfaff and had the same problem til I discovered that little half step with the presser foot lever. good luck! Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU Thanks soo much ! I cant wait to get home in an hr & try it out woo hoo

new user
    I have the darning foot in the correct position but I'm still getting loops on the back regardless of the tension....any suggestions??