Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pfaff hobby 1200 grand quilter breaking thread problem >

pfaff hobby 1200 grand quilter breaking thread problem

pfaff hobby 1200 grand quilter breaking thread problem

Old 03-23-2012, 06:05 PM

I dealt with this same problem and found out my machine seems to only do well with Signature brand machine quilting thread. I do like my machine though I wish I had a deeper throat. But for the price it is a good machine.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM

I have a friend(new to FMQ) who wants to purchase this setup PH1200 GQ Frame.The price is 1900.00..........2 yrs old.I think it sounds like a nice set up, not sure about the price.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Over the past six years, the only problem I've ever had with thread breaking in mine was solved by cleaning out the dust bunnies under the needle plate and around the bobbin area.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 AM

I really appreciate all the hints... I just got my machine and table, purchased (my friend pretty much blessed me with this set up... I am so grateful)... I go about five inches and the thread breaks...very frustrating and horrible issue to rethread on the frame as I have a very small room... so.. just wanted to take breath... and say thank you... now going to go back and check the bobbin... Do you all put the feeddog plate on the machine when on the frame? I didn't see where to lower the feed dogs... Also... oil... specific kind? I have a Viking Rose and oil is not necessary.. so this is new to me... Thank you in advance...
Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 AM

I've been quick spraying the thread with %100 silicone spray....it has helped soooooo much better.....
.remember
100% silicone ..no additives...
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM

Does frame have a stitch regulator....? I paid $2000 and problems with regulator...so spent $200 more to get going,
A regulator is about $700 now...
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM

I'm sorry you are having problems. Here's a yahoo group that may help. I justed posted this info for someone having problems with their Viking Megaquilter: PfaffHobbyGrandQuilter. It's not as busy as the yahoo homequiltingsystem group but there might be some good info there, too. It's described as " for those who either own or are interested in the 9" Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter, 9" Viking Mega Quilter, Janome 1600P, Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8, Viking Mega Quilter 18x8, Inspira frame(original), Next Generation frame, Imperial frame by Inspira and QBot(frame mounted computer robot)."
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Use a topstitch 90/14 needle and good thread. I use King tut on the top and Aurofil in the bobbin.
I change my needle frequently and clean with each bobbin change. I also oil very frequently.