Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pfaff

np3
    Blog Entries
    For future reference, the IDT can only be used if the back of the foot has a large opening. So you can kind of tell by looking if you can use the IDT with it. I looked at the picture of the 6A and it doesn't look open, so that may be your problem. Hope it gets to be more fun for you soon.

Blog Entries
    You might want to try
    http://www.sewingpartsonline.com
    they have feet for the Pfaff machine if you can't get one elsewhere. Good luck.

Dar,
    I hope those suggestions are working for you. I have the 4.0 and I LOVE this machine- you will too when you figure it all out. I looked at my machine- and when you attach the 6A foot the plastic piece that sticks up on the foot sits in front of the ankle- (where the foot attaches) and the little bar on the foot just snaps onto the bottom of the ankle. I hope this makes sense! Also don't forget to drop the feed dogs- I did when I first got this machine and I remember pulling my hair out and swearing a blue streak! I hate it when stuff doesn't work right....of course it was user error. Where I purchased my machine offered a new user class; this was very helpful to me and I actually learned how to make a button hole! This machine makes it so easy!! I used to have a Pfaff 935 Hobbymatic before this machine and didn't know why anyone would need/want the needle up/down, automatic tie-offs and thread snips etc...but now after a 1.5 yrs of using this machine I wouldn't want anything else. This machine is the best thing I have ever purchased- I love it & I hope you will too! Take a deep breath, maybe take a break and come back to it and it will be easier. BTW I did buy the optional free-motion quilting foot (per the seller's recommedation) and I do like it better than the one that came with the machine. Good Luck and I hope things get easier for you!

thank you so much for your help! i'm going to learn this machine if it kills me!i'm so glad to know that i'm not the only one that has /had problems !i'm on my way back into the sewing room after another break!wish me luck,dar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2