Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Piecing Batting >

Piecing Batting

Piecing Batting

Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
Would it be a problem do you think, if you pieced together different brands of batting in the same quilt or are you all using the same brand together?
I have pieces from several different sources that I have difficulty really telling the differences so I generally don't piece them together. My "duh" moment came and now I label each piece of batting and put all like pieces in a plastic bag.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:07 PM

I've pieced batting by butting straight edges together and zigzagging down the seam...Works for me!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM

Hi All,
pI was reading another quilters blog when I stumbled on this very question. She states that she sews even the "smallest pieces of batting" together..... Uses them in small to medium projects. She them made me laugh by sharing her name for this pieced batting..... She calls it Frankenbatting (after Frankenstein). How funny! I have been saving my pieces ever since.

hugs

Caroline
Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I buy batting by the roll and piece it when necessary. When I've accumulated a lot of batting scraps, I sometimes piece them all together for a quilt. Batting is too expensive to waste. I have tried whip-stitching (too much work) and using tape, but I've found that zigzagging the pieces together works best for me.
I completely agree with you on all counts. I piece bits of batting together as mugh as possible. when the pieces in my scrap batting sack get too small, I give them to a neighbor to stuff dolls and/or animals for charity. Batting is too expensive to waste.