Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Planning a Mini Mystery Quilt >

Planning a Mini Mystery Quilt

Planning a Mini Mystery Quilt

Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

I know when I did a different mystery, I had to clean up my sewing room to be able to have enough room to work, it is a good thing that I don't have to sew it Sat as it is back to being a mess again and would need a few hours to clean it up to be able to work, it never fails, my cutting table always gathers stuff that it isn't supposed to have on it. I spent most of today out and now I am working at finishing something else up so I don't have anything bugging me Sat while I am playing with all of you.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 PM

:D Well, I will just have to check back later. I want to do it because I haven't ever made a mini. I've done mysteries, their fun. So I would like to attempt my first mini also. I'll be looking forward to this. I've so much going on right now though, I don't know when I'll actually get to it, but I will, if I don't forget. :lol:
Old 08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

So the big day is tomorrow for those participating or spectating, both are welcome, I hope it all goes smoothly. I will be around all day to answer questions and just chat it up.

So if you don't have it cut out yet, and are participating, you might want to think about doing it now.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:40 PM

Are you going to start a new thread tomorrow for the mini quilt instructions? I'll be gone all day :cry:

Old 08-21-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Originally Posted by LindaR
I'm going to follow along too....have never tried a mini and if its 39" then I can use it for my baby quilt committment at guild...we need to make 2/year so I'll bookmark and try and keep up
It is 24 inch square but they are 3" blocks so you can easily make up a few more blocks and make it bigger. Or just add some more borders,

If you need help doing it just let me know and I can help as we go along or later.
May I use it (if it is 24" square) as a center for one of my IRR2 groups?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

sorry that you are going to miss it, yes I am going to start a new thread, two actually, one in tutorials for the instrustions and one out in main for all the chit chat in between, or maybe pictures, I hope people are willing to keep us up to what everything is looking like along that way. I am sure that either admin or one of the moderators will move me if it is in the wring place.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM

Thanks -- I'll be looking for a new thread then tomorrow evening...Good luck with everything and I hope everyone has fun :D :D
Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

you can use it for anything that you wish when you are done with it. I changed the border a bit on the one so it is a hair bigger than the 24 inches, but the other one is dead on that size.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:01 PM

I don't understand why my puter hasn't been allowing me to follow this thread! <gasp>
Bless Miss Lacelady ... she asked if I was going to do it, and I was almost crushed thinking I was going to miss out .... HOWEVER! <g>
Since you will be starting at seven my time? don't worry ... thought that was what it was.
I never know time zones unless I am comparing them to Rush Limbaugh, so ... <g> ... as long as I am up and breathing, everything will be JUST fine!
See, I would ask you: What time does Rush Limbaugh come on in your time zone? Since I know he is on at noon in Florida/New York and nine where I live, if I know what time he comes on in your time zone, then I know how our times compare. I am thinking he comes on at ten in your listening area ...
Anyway, we go out to feed at six, (and, it is still pretty dark then ... I may have to give up my early morning ride with hubby ... bummer!) so I will be up at and 'em for the mystery at seven! Cutting fabric tonight ...
If I'm not there in the morning, I will be there when the sun comes up <g>
Old 08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Thanks -- I'll be looking for a new thread then tomorrow evening...Good luck with everything and I hope everyone has fun :D :D
When we really get into it I will probably pop back here and leave a link to make it easy for those that will be looking for it