Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Planning a Mini Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/planning-mini-mystery-quilt-t23799.html)

cutebuns 08-05-2009 08:38 PM

A friend asked what she could do with some scraps that she had, I had this cool idea and did a mini trial of the block. It turned out so good that I thought that it would be fun to do as a mystery. The mini's seem to be very popular right now with all the Doll Swaps going on. I need to do a little more figuring on what you need for the whole quilt.

Scraps, you need scraps, you need:

5 darks, various widths, no wider than 3 1/2"
3 mediums all the same color, no wider than 1"
12 lights, no wider than 1"
various scraps for borders
binding
backing
batting

if you don't have that many then they can be doubled up in some places, or if they are short, more pieces can be added in for a more scrappy look.

Actual amounts and cutting directions will be available later.

Date TBA

For those that are not into the mini thing, there will be full size cutting directions as well. the directions for everything else will be the same.

kwhite 08-05-2009 08:41 PM

I have a full plate ........ but wait............. What is that?????? Yes it is.................. A small little clear spot right over there in the corner. (of a round plate) I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueChicken 08-05-2009 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I have a full plate ........ but wait............. What is that?????? Yes it is.................. A small little clear spot right over there in the corner. (of a round plate) I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you like fries with that? ;-)

Sounds exciting, count me in! lol

sharon b 08-05-2009 08:44 PM

Can't promise anything , but will try 8)
Sharon

cutebuns 08-05-2009 08:45 PM

Great!, it won't take long to do, I was messing with it today around weeding the garden and the animals and everything else and I have a pile of little blocks sitting here. It is a great way to get rid of some of those scraps. It is also a good way to work those mini skills.

ScubaK 08-05-2009 09:42 PM

I'll try it!!!
Kirsten

omak 08-05-2009 09:47 PM

<waving both arms>

I'm over here! I want to play, too!

(especially since I know where all those particular scraps happen to be!)
LOL

cutebuns 08-05-2009 10:01 PM

Awwesome, more players, this is happening faster than it was supposed to, I was supposed to be working on something else. :shock:

I will get on the final math and get it all straight. Take a few notes, take a bunch of pictures, and start on the instructions, I have a proof reader so hopfully there won't be any wrinkles along the way. I guess I should time it as well, so I have an idea on how long to give.

SulaBug 08-05-2009 10:25 PM

I am interested too!! :D Let us know when
the date to be done is final!! Then I will
know for sure. Thanks.
:D :D :D :D

gaigai 08-05-2009 10:36 PM

CB I'm going to play too!!!