Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Portable design wall question

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I have a friend who uses a flannel sheet on a frame made of PVC pipe. It sets up and takes down easily, is portable and very cheap. Go down to Home Depot and buy four 8" sections of 1" PVC pipe and four 90 elbows. Dig up an old king or queen size flannel sheet, sew some casings in it, stick the pipe in the casings, put the pipe together with the elbows, and viola! a portable design wall.
    We used the PVC pipe solution. I now have 2 frames that lean side by side against the wall and cover a whoe wall. Made the flannel like a pillowcase that just slips over it. We put in some elbow joints so it can be made smaller if desired.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Thanks so much, these are some great ideas.
    Sharon

Three ladies at the September quilt retreat had the Cheryl Ann design wall 72" x72". Comes in a nice bag, is easy to put up with tent poles, has a nice flannel surface. On Ebay right now for $98.99 and free shipping. I think I'll finally break down and buy one. By the time I purchase everything I need to build my own, I will spend at least half of that $$, and it wouldn't be near as portable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2