Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Position Needle on Baby Loc Espire?

Position Needle on Baby Loc Espire?

Sorry to be so ignorant, yes I have the manual for my Baby Loc Espire but I cannot find where I need to position my needle in order to have the automatice threader work. Is it at 4.0 which is the middle (I think) Thanks in advance for your help

Try 3.5 - that's center on my Ellageo
    ~Jo~
    Life is all about choices. We can look back and be forever sad because what was will never be again or look forward to all of the amazing things God has in store for us.

Blog Entries
    Its not the centering that is important but rather the height. Needs to be totally up. Use the needle up and down button and then use the threader when it is at the highest position.

Snipforfun, you are exactly right and mine requires the foot be in the down position as well.
    ~Jo~
    Life is all about choices. We can look back and be forever sad because what was will never be again or look forward to all of the amazing things God has in store for us.

I have the Espire and it works fine as long as the needle is in the fully up position (doesn't matter if you are using 3.5 or 6.5). One time I raised the needle using the hand wheel and then tried to thread it and there was a clunk sound. I realized right away what I had done (probably hadn't raised the needle all the way to the top) so I lowered and raised the needle using the "needle up/down" button and the threader worked fine again.

Doesn't matter what position the needle is in, just the height. It is meant to work when using any stitch which all have different needle positions. The needle does have to be raised to the highest point. I always used mine in any position with no problem when I had her
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Thanks everybody. Maybe I just didn't have the needle all the way up. I did have the foot in down position. Will try again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
    Snipforfun, you are exactly right and mine requires the foot be in the down position as well.
    Curious to how you can thread the needle with it in the down position. Im guessing that it has to be completely down before it goes to the completely up position. I think I figured out what you meant while writing this. Oh well, maybe someone else is wonderg too.

Quote Originally Posted by snipforfun View Post
    Curious to how you can thread the needle with it in the down position. Im guessing that it has to be completely down before it goes to the completely up position. I think I figured out what you meant while writing this. Oh well, maybe someone else is wonderg too.
    The needle has to be up, the pressor foot down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snipforfun View Post

Please excuse my stupid question!