Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM

I just found another cool feature. Under subscriptions (where the bookmarks are) you can create your own subscription folders. I was able to create new folders to organize my bookmarks, (patterns, techniques, reference, etc.. ) When you are in your bookmarks just check the box on the right and then at the bottom there is a button that says "selected threads". If you click on it gives you the option of deleting the book mark or moving it to another subscription. The only catch is you have to have the folder already set up that you want to move to. You cant create one "on the fly"

Last edited by Mom2aej; 11-02-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM

I felt very frustrated and inadequate yesterday and went to bed with a headacheBut have just spent a couple of hours tonight 'playing' and think I am 'getting'it now!!!!! Just takes this'old'dog a bit longer to learn 'new tricks'!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 PM

I have been wandering thru the new board today and now that I have located a few buttons, I am having fun! Certainly not as easy to navigate the old but a challenge none the less. The most fun so far was editing my setting and playing with signature lines, enabling the enhanced editing features. I can match my reply to my mood of the moment. Give it time, changes are not always easy.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Change is good, right?! Within a week it'll feel like the 'old' quilting site!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:22 PM

Smile

I, too, was feeling lost and confused when I accessed the Board yesterday. Now, not so much. Change just takes time. Afterall, when I first found the Board, Ididn't know what to do then, either, until I gave it some time.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by nance-ell View Post
Ladies and gents.... do not leave! There is nothing wrong with change, it just takes getting used to. The poor mods of this board are being bombarded and need patience and understanding. I have seen changes in things on the board since this morning, so it seems to me they are diligently working to make this a great community. As I said earlier (in a new thread that was then thrust into the middle of this one)... this is the same board, same wonderful, helpful people. Do you really want to "react" and leave? I would have to say that will be your loss in the end. I, for one, would be sad to see people leave and not give themselves time to adjust.
there's nothing wrong with a good change...if you can't find a list of topics or the unread topics then what are you choosing to read from? i don't want 'subscribe' to everything i might be interested in... where is a list of current topics and then where are the comments and questions about those topics... i can't judge anything if i can't find it!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM

This is a great board, and everyone just needs a little patience. New doesn't necessarily mean "bad". I like the new changes, and appreciate the precautions the administrators take to protect the members. I was recently told about another forum...checked it out....but decided it wasn't for me. I haven't yet noticed if we can still Bookmark posts that we want to refer to at a later date.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM

Love the new board! Thanks for updating it!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Default your thought's

I couldn't agree with you more. This new forum is not easy to maneuver around and I don't have much time... just a little thing like trying to delete an old message is so much wasted time...

What was wrong with the other one.....
Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 PM

and I noticed they are deleting any post that does not agree with them....too bad as this will come to bite them..