Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Post quilt retreats here so we can join in the fun! >

Post quilt retreats here so we can join in the fun!

Post quilt retreats here so we can join in the fun!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM

I'll be going to retreat starting in two weeks (WOOHOO!!) at Ft Flagler, WA; a very small non-guild group, half the group is one family, the rest of the group is all very close to at least one of them (I've known them for at least 16 years). This'll be my first one, and I'm hoping that I don't forget anything vital!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:45 PM

"QuiltMania- was this your first one?? I want to go on one some day. where would I get info for the one in July?"

Star,
Yes, it was the first one I ever went to. You can find the info at www.thunderbaygolf.com. Just click on Quilting Retreats when you get to the site. If you have any questions that the website doesn't answer, just call them and someone will answer any question you could have. They are very friendly.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:14 PM

Thanx!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

this place is absolutely wonderful if you ever get a chance to take a course with them.

http://www.artworkshops.com/
Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

this is another really amazing quilt workshop retreat, i always have a wonderful time when i go.

http://www.quiltingbythelake.com/
Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM

http://www.sewfree.net/
This retreat is in Toccoa GA, a small mountain town about 90 miles north of Atlanta. I'm not sure if there is still room available.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 PM

We have a small group (8-12) who try to get away in late February or early March for a weekend in Shipshewanna...those that don't feel like sewing...shop! We are planning to go mid-march to a new bed and breakfast designed especially for quilters and scrapbookers. The basement area is all outfitted with tables, plugs, ironing boards, and lots of overhead lighting... it should be fun. The highlight of the weekend (besides being with a group of quilting buddies I don't get to see often) is dinner in an Amish home.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:22 PM

Quilt retreats are a lot of fun. You can accomplish a lot or nothing at all. I go to one in the spring and one in the fall. I always have a wonderful time. I usually get a lot done. But I know some people who have been at retreats that get very little done for they are always walking around and visiting with every one else checking out what everyone else is doing.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, I only live like 2 hours from Shipshewana, Indiana. I would love to go to a retreat there. I found out about one for this spring as a lady from Lafayette, Indiana organized it and already booked. It is going to be at a motel in Shipshewana and sounds like alot of fun.

Karen
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM

Klue,
I've gone to QBL the last 2 summers! It's so much fun. My friend and I fly to Buffalo where her sister lives and then the three of us drive together to QBL. Last year we took from Jane Sassaman who was wonderful! The year before we were in Rosalie Dace's class and we are registered for her class again this summer. What an artist she is. :thumbup: