Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Postage Stamp Quilt, HELP!!!

Looks pretty good to me. I haven't started my p.s. quilt yet, but was told not to worry too much about it.

P.S. Check with Havplenty. She works with these little monsters a lot.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

It looks good to me! Love the look of all the different fabrics....I think the ironing with starch idea will help the most...And like someone mentioned, if you look at the antique quilts out there, they are not perfect..I bet noone else notices the things you do in your own work..Enjoy and share pics as you progress!!

Blog Entries
    I'm doing 64-patch blocks of 1-1/2" squares. After doing several blocks using the stripped method, I find that if I do them in 4-patches (2 x 2), then 2 x 8, then 4 x 8 the most seams I have to match is three. The last seam matching the two 4 x 8 sections have seven seams to match. Here are a couple of my current blocks:Name:  012 red.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  470.5 KB
    Name:  031 red.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  473.0 KB
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

I think your corners are just fine. Square it up, put it together and enjoy!

The unfortunate part about the minis is that you lose most of the built in ease that comes with larger pieces. Cutting and piecing becomes more demanding of accuracy.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.ca

I think your looks better than mine would-with those tiny pieces there is less room to ease in the seams.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

You're beng too hard on yourself. Most people won't notice that the corners don't match as you have it now, and once the quilt is quilted, it will be very hard to notice tha the corners don't match.

It sounds like you want to have your corners dead on. So do I. Looking at your photos, it appears that the strips wave and the blocks are somewhat uneven. Measure them to see if the squares are really square. If not, as I suspect, try and figure out where you are going wrong. It could be that you are stretching them when pressing, or your seams really aren't accurate. I never starch anything, by the way. It is not necessary to get accurate sewing. It appears that the "me not love" row is more rectangular than square, but that could be from the photo angle. I really think it is in the accuracy of your 1/4 inch seams. Stitch more slowly--if you are sewing with the petal to the metal, as I was, then you can't be as accurate as necessary. Hope this helps. SandyQuilter

I use this technique, RachelSews an Easy Quilt Piecing Technique, video found on You Tube. It makes perfectly matching corners with no hassles. I find the interfacing at Joanns or any place that sells fabric. Really takes the problems out of piecing small quilts.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-6zu9pbtY
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Sometimes the cross grain has some stretch and the lengthwise does not.
    So keep all grains going in the same direction. I hope that makes sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast