Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Preferred width of Binding

Jim
    I use 2 to 2 1/2 inch bindings depending on the project...if I am using my binding machine...I have to use 2 inches ocut n the bias...as of late I sew it on my domestic machine and prefer 2 -2 1/2" depending on the thickness of the batting
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

I've always used 2 1/2" bindings but after reading some of the replies I may try 2 1/4" for some of the projects that have a thinner batting. Interesting topic.

I like the 2 1/2" simply because I have the Accuquilt with the 2 1/2" die strip cutter.

I have always used 2.5", but have recently changed my entire method of binding.

I now do it the Sharon Schamber's way and she has an AMAZING tutorial on youtube for it. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PE0Yq9iGlc

I know it seems silly, but that glue has changed my life...hehehe. No more using clips that are always in the way that I never have enough of to do the entire quilt. Now, with the glue, I do the entire binding and then can hand stitch (or even machine stitch) all at once.

Love this link and hope you do too.

Suzanne

I usually use 2 1/4 but am just doing the hand sewing on a quilt and the back has some of the selvage edge showing so I made the binding 2 1/2 to make sure the binding would cover.
    Kate

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10