Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The pressure is on!!

I'm sure many of us will be burning the midnight oil for the next few nights.

I went to the bank this morning to finish my Christmas shopping. ALL DONE. No sewing, no baking, no wrapping. I do have some yarn that I might do up a little scarf, but that can be done while relaxing, and dosen't have to be done for Christmas. I did a couple baskets of goodies for the neighbor's, and sent homemade jelly's to the dialysis staff. I never stress about Christmas!

Hoping you all have a Merry Christmas with family and friends.

Blog Entries
    Take deep breaths, and remember, you can wrap them up unfinished and then complete them later :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
    Am I the only one still working on a quilt that is meant to be given on Christmas day?? I'm making a throw quilt for my brother and sister-in-law with photo's from their wedding. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Me, me, me!!!! I started a quilt for my step son on Tuesday nite :XD: :roll: :lol: what was I thinking? I have to put the top and bottom borders on and "HOPEFULLY" piece together the back tonite after work. I'm pretty sure it won't be quilted by Saturday but at least he can see what it will be and I'll promise him to have it done within 2 weeks. I also have a set of placemats and coasters to finish before Saturday. I have both my fingers and ankles crossed hoping to accomplish this. Also told DD I would have car/quilt backpack made for DGS for his birthday (1/6)!!!! I truly must be out of my mind

I have given gifts with pins in it and a promise to finish it after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl
    I have both my fingers and ankles crossed hoping to accomplish this.
    I imagine that's a difficult position to quilt in...

I gave up a few weeks back when I realized I had way more to do than time to get them done...everyone understands...all I'm giving homemade gifs to know how I sew in spurts. =)

I'm sending good quilting vibes your way for you to finish it in time! I just finished a quilt for my DH around noon today (the 23rd) that I started on Sunday (the 19th). It was touch-n-go, but I got it done.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
    Am I the only one still working on a quilt that is meant to be given on Christmas day?? I'm making a throw quilt for my brother and sister-in-law with photo's from their wedding. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    I'm working on a rag quilt for my DGD. It's sewn together but it's cutting the edges that's taking much more time than I ever anticipated!!Guess who's going to have sore fingers for the Christmas Eve service at church tonight?!

:lol:

I just finished my son's quilt last night. Made a quilt for my grown children this year. Will get pictures tonight with their quilts and post. Merry Christmas to all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast