Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Prices for Batik's??

Greetings CJ, the LQS that I work in has a very "LG" selection of Batiks, Bali pops, Tonga Treats etc. They are very expensive. The fabric starts at about $15 and goes up to $18.50, The Bali Pops are $54.50, the Tonga Treats are $38.00, and I tell you, they don't sit there very long. Women come in and buy 3 Bali Pops, and 3 yds of backgroung for a quilt top and think nothing of it. Some quilters are a little more thrifty (like myself) and don't spend as much. The last quilt top I did, I bought one Bali Pop, 2.5 mts of background batik, and 1.5 mts of border batik, and I spent $100. That is the most I have ever spent on a quilt top. Auntie B in Canada.

Marshall's in Batesville, AR had blenders for $3.99/yd for 45" a few weeks ago. The 108" blenders were more. Can't recall how much the batik's were, but they were very reasonable: www.marshalldrygoods.com

My local LQS (the same one that had the batiks priced as high as $18.99) just ran a sale on batiks for 20% off so I went to check it out and I must confess that I bought enough to make a king sized quilt out. I wasn't going to but a friend informed me that cotton prices were again increasing by 10% in the next few months. I had to do it. But, this may be the last batik quilt I make until the sale comes around again.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11