Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Prices of batting (groan)

Shipping from USA to Canada (other countries) is a process...paperwork, more paperwork...list the item(s), list their individual value, weight, etc. Gift or purchase...if a purchase...there will be a duty tax for sure...and probably a broker fee. We used to ship parts to Canada all the time...paperwork was a hassle. At least for replacement parts, there was little duty if any. Also...I'd check into manufacturing supplies...may be a break there, but most larger stores won't ship out of country, too much paperwork.
    Marge
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Try overstock.com or buy direct from the Pellon website also you can get bolts of batting at a good price from fabric.com. I think they have a sale on batting going on now. Also there is amazon.com
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Blog Entries
    Kings Men are taking 30% off your order at checkout as they are downsizing so now may be the time to order. Tks. GiGi

Connecting Threads ships to Canada & shipping is fairly reasonable & usually pretty fast. I have ordered from them often & so far have not been hit by any extra charges when it crosses the border.
    Dance like no one is watching

mah
    Email Warm N Natural Co and see if you can order directly from them...........worth a try.

Ouch! You need to stock up on batting when you are in Arizona. JoAnn has it on sale fairly often and you can get on their preferred customers list and get 40% off coupons to use when it isn't on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
    Kings Men are taking 30% off your order at checkout as they are downsizing so now may be the time to order. Tks. GiGi
    I just tried to order (thinking 30% was too good a deal to pass up) and not only did the discount not show up in my shopping cart, the shipping for a 30 yard roll of batting (cost $110) was $40. No thanks.

For the record, I love online shopping. But sometimes, brick-and-mortars ARE actually a better deal. Just sayin.
    Jenny in DC

i get mine when conecting threads has there batting discounted when its on sale i can get it for less than 16 dollars per queen size batt including shipping and dutey if i get 5 or more at a time. last time i got 11 batts.

Blog Entries
    do you have to pay a tariff on it? maybe we should start an underground railroad. wonder what shipping is?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Tru4uca lives on Vancouver Island and the ferry trip alone is probably $120 return plus fuel. day trip wouldn't be worth it. Check the local fabric store--not fabricland. Their prices are way out of line so they can put it on sale and still make money.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4