Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pricing material for yard sale!

Box lots or pre- filled large pastic bags is one of the best methods I have seen. As for price... use your judgment on the "good" stuff. I attended an estate sale of a quilter and the "good" stuff was selling for $3.50- $4.00 yard on the first day . The second day all fabric was 1/2 price. If you have a sign indicated the second day of the sale that fabric is 1/2 off on the second day... you will get your premium price on the first but probably clear it all out on the second.

Blog Entries
    I will have to remember this when we have a yard sale in the spring!

Does anyone have any tips for selling sewing or quilting supplies at a yard sale?
    Sherri

Thank you all for your comments and your ideas! I did go and looked through her materials. She had tons of materials and all were so neat and organized. She passed away about 4 mo. ago at the age of 90. I ended up buying $336.00 of material. I was like a kid in a candy store, but I also felt so guilty going through this ladies stuff, I felt like, well, I just thought of she probably was like me, cherished her sewing room and all of her materials, etc. She probabley would of wanted a quilter though to buy her stuff, because she knew a quilter would really appreciate it. I will try to post some pictures at another time. Thanks again for you all of your help!
    I love to encourage people to feel good about themselves. You are beautiful to God and you are beautiful to me. You were put here for a purpose and you never know how much you have touched someone elses life.

I put bags out for the shopper to fill and charge per bag . Fabric and other quilting articles are big sellers here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2