Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   *gulp* does anyone have this sewing table? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%2Agulp%2A-does-anyone-have-sewing-table-t4333.html)

anita211 02-08-2008 12:49 PM

I have a Horn of America that takes over a 10x12 foot room... I love it, but wish I had something smaller sometimes.

Anita

anita211 02-08-2008 12:50 PM

I forgot to mention it weighs over 200 lbs and will take 3 men and a boy to move it when the time comes...

Anita

Quilting Aggi 03-14-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by anita211
I have a Horn of America that takes over a 10x12 foot room... I love it, but wish I had something smaller sometimes.

Anita

I too have a Horn Cabinet and I agree you need huge muscles to move the thing!! but I love it.. I really miss it right now have missed it for the last 3 1/2 years as it was put in U-Haul Storage Unit when I went back to university.. I have since finsihed school over 2 years now, and I hope to get a house of my own within a year (if the money gods are in my favour). I will get my Horn cabinet back and I cant' WAIT to sit to it again cause I loooooove my Horn Cabinet!

henryparrish76 01-08-2009 07:43 AM

Now that its been almost a year, are you still happy with this table? I am thinking of getting one.

fabricluvr 01-08-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Now that its been almost a year, are you still happy with this table? I am thinking of getting one.

Hi Henry - yes, i'm really happy with it. i've moved it up to my hobby room and added a couple of other tables that we had to make a large quilting table. i just finished quilting a full size with my domestic janome using this setup.

you might want to plan to get the plastic insert made to fit around your machine. google dreamworld

go for it!

henryparrish76 01-08-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by fabricluvr

Originally Posted by henryparrish76

Hi Henry - yes, i'm really happy with it. i've moved it up to my hobby room and added a couple of other tables that we had to make a large quilting table. i just finished quilting a full size with my domestic janome using this setup.

you might want to plan to get the plastic insert made to fit around your machine. google dreamworld

go for it!

Wow! Then it is going on my list of things to buy at the end of this month. :) Thanks!

mamatobugboo 01-08-2009 08:12 AM

i might have to think about one of those small tables for my quilting retreats. Being only 5 feet tall, by the time I raise my chair high enough to sit comfortably at the banquet table at retreat, my feet don't really touch the ground! Not as much of a problem at home because I grabbed a wonderful desk out of the trash when my gym was remodeling, so it shorter than the banquet tables!