Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   100+ tissue covers later............... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/100-tissue-covers-later-t201709.html)

MimiBug123 09-29-2012 07:42 PM

I decided to give this a try. I was shocked at how easy, as well as how cute it turned out. Thanks so much for sharing such a cute idea. I plan on making these for stocking stuffers, monogramming some, embroidering others. I'm always looking for cute and fast ideas.

Quiltlady330 09-29-2012 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by JanTx (Post 5550611)
After I read this I went to my scraps and cut out - maybe 30? - and finished 11. Thanks so much for the tip. I plan to make several bags for gifts and now they'll include the tissue holder. The rest I may try to sell. It took me a bit over an hour to complete 11 with another 11 made through the first sewing step (before you fold them to the center). This did not include cutting, but still less than 10 minutes each. If I sold them for 99 cents each I'd be making about $10 an hour. That's not enough for me. I'll put them in our workroom for $3 each - with tissue. If they don't sell I'll give them as gifts - great stocking stuffers!

I can't imagine that $3 is too much...and yours are very cute, too. :)

GrannieAnnie 09-30-2012 02:08 PM

I'm envisioning tissue covers at every craft show in the world the next few months! lol

GrannieAnnie 09-30-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 (Post 5550832)
I decided to give this a try. I was shocked at how easy, as well as how cute it turned out. Thanks so much for sharing such a cute idea. I plan on making these for stocking stuffers, monogramming some, embroidering others. I'm always looking for cute and fast ideas.

These qualify for fast and cute--------------AND USEFUL! Some of our cute ideas aren't all that practical.

ArtsyOne 09-30-2012 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks so much for posting this project and thanks to the person who posted the link to the tutorial. I was getting bored with my quilt and this was such a nice break.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366602[/ATTACH]

IBQLTN 10-01-2012 07:55 AM

I use the same pattern but modified it a little. I 'box' the corners so it doesn't look so flat. It's only about 1/2 to 3/4" but it adds a little style to it. I also overlap the middle slightly so they don't gap open.

I sold these at $3 or 2 for $5.00 because that little boxing of 4 corners does slow down the 'assembly line' a little but it makes it just a tad different from the other vendors that might be selling them. Our show was finally rained out so I didn't sell very many but we were totally shut down within 3 hours due to the torrential downpour... everyone left!

GrannieAnnie 10-01-2012 12:53 PM

Just finished turning the last tissue cover-------119 of the little suckers.

And I'm in here (sewing room) looking for the scraps of the dozen neck ties I made for my son in law the teacher.

I need something for a benefit in November. I'm thinking about taking a dozen of the prettier ones and group them together for one item. I'm assuming right before Christmas, there's got to be a market of little Christmas gifts.

grann of 6 10-01-2012 12:59 PM

I will have to try some of them. Today I made a dozen coasters, the ones where you use the charm squares and sew around all four sides and turn. I made a dozen while I was watching Steve Harvey. They are for DD for her basement bar, made with wine theme. Maybe they need matching tissue holders. :D

GrannieAnnie 10-01-2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JanTx (Post 5550733)
Never thought about pinning them - just held on and sew, sew, sewed! :)

I spent a lot of time pinning, and got smart and realized this was not a life or death match up---------so I "finger pinned!"

misseva 10-02-2012 05:27 AM

I made 16 of these in approx. 1-1/2 hours - and I used my serger and did them assembly line style. But I can't get a full package of kleenex in mine. Have to take about half out of a pkg. in order for them to fit. Did I do something wrong or are my kleenex too fluffy? I know what my sunday school class is getting for christmas.