Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   9 degree wedge ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/9-degree-wedge-ruler-t72252.html)

bearhugs 10-25-2010 12:26 PM

Just received my ruler. Saw several chats on the pattern Spicy Spiral. Would like to know if there is any quirks making this pattern ? Do I need to take some asprin before starting? Please let me know how you made out with yours.
Thanks

emt2004 10-25-2010 12:57 PM

A shop owner in Lancester told me I must be crazy when I told her I was looking for the pattern and ruler. She told me that that pattern for the spiral table runner would be very hard to do. I told her the girls on the forum told everyone that it was easy......I would also like to hear some more comments on the ease of this tablerunner...........Michele

peaceandjoy 10-25-2010 01:41 PM

The hardest part, truly, is cutting your wedges. Just take your time, be sure that when you cut across the top of the ruler, your cuts don't extend past the edges of the ruler (which can be tricky, if you are using a larger rotary cutter as the top is kind of small), and you will be fine.

Don't try to rush through thinking that you can guess what is next. Follow the pattern carefully and one step at a time.

I've had a lot of positive comments on the one I made, and as soon as I get caught up on some other things I will definitely be making more.

Also, there are lots of people here who have done them, so if you do get stuck, post your question and I'm sure you'll have lots of help.

emt2004 10-25-2010 01:45 PM

She kind of scared me, but I know I can come here and get the help I need.........You guys are the best...........Michele

Lacelady 10-25-2010 01:50 PM

I've just ordered one of these rulers. I found it on ebay at a reasonable price - the best part was how reasonable the shipping cost was.

Sadiemae 10-25-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by emt2004
A shop owner in Lancester told me I must be crazy when I told her I was looking for the pattern and ruler. She told me that that pattern for the spiral table runner would be very hard to do. I told her the girls on the forum told everyone that it was easy......I would also like to hear some more comments on the ease of this tablerunner...........Michele

I think this shop owner is crazy. It is easy, just take your time and don't rush.

Quiltgranny 10-25-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by bearhugs
Just received my ruler. Saw several chats on the pattern Spicy Spiral. Would like to know if there is any quirks making this pattern ? Do I need to take some asprin before starting? Please let me know how you made out with yours.
Thanks

Is your ruler the 9 or 14" for this spiral pattern?

Thanks,

peaceandjoy 10-25-2010 04:58 PM

You need the 25" ruler.

Susy 10-25-2010 04:59 PM

Make one, for sure!!! I didn't find the pattern that easy to figure out(I have problems unless I am showed something) but once I did figure it out, it is so easy!! I am on my 3rd one and am finding it rather addicting, other than my usual problem of figuring out my fabrics, which I think I will never get good at. AND, you have all these people to help you, if you get stuck!!!! I think now my questions were completely incoherent and yet, yes, the quilting board friends helped me figure it out!

Quiltgranny 10-25-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
You need the 25" ruler.

Thanks so very much!