Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   addicted to quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/addicted-quilting-t178275.html)

ragqueen03 02-05-2012 03:28 PM

addicted to quilting?

Last week we had a contest at work - winner got a gift certificate to place of their choosing. Don't you know two of us tied! Manager said she would decide what to do - it was a $15 gift card. Well on my day off she decided to give each of us one. She told my co worker she was going to go out on a limb and just assume i wanted one to Joann's. (For my birthday every year they give me one from the whole office)They know i am obsessed with quilting -lol! Anyways i really shocked her when i told her i would take one from Barnes and Noble. She couldn't believe it! She said was there a book there I wanted? I just smiled and said yes. I just couldn't bring myself to admit to them it was a book i wanted - A Carol Doak Paper Piecing book! i figured it would pay for a good part of the book!

newbee3 02-05-2012 03:32 PM

my husband told me that I have a addiction quilting

joyce888 02-05-2012 03:38 PM

My DH calls me a fabriholic and you know I think he's right!

JenniePenny 02-05-2012 03:41 PM

I keep making quilts, even when I don't have a recipient in mind! I also can't let a say go by without a minimum of ten minutes at the sewing machine.

momto5 02-05-2012 04:30 PM

I don't know why people keep insisting this is an "addiction". There is NOWHERE in the plan that says we HAVE to go to meetings!

mighty 02-05-2012 09:31 PM

Addiction? Who me? Never!! HEHEHEHE

trif 02-05-2012 10:16 PM

It's a healthy outlet, yah..that's it.....a healthy outlet.

JanTx 02-05-2012 11:19 PM

Cannot be either an addiction or an obsession because last week I went --- three whole days without sewing a stitch! I decided that being exhausted all the time just wasn't how I wanted to feel so after I get through with my work day at 8:00 PM I made it a goal to be in bed before 10:00 - no time for any sewing. Which is why tonight it's 1:00 AM and I'm still up. Do you know how BEHIND you get when you don't sew for three days? It took till tonight for me to start catching up because I went on a quilt shop hop Friday night and Saturday. But addicted? No way! (Does anyone else notice tile patterns in public bathroom floors look like quilt blocks? Obsessed? Not me!)

jcrow 02-05-2012 11:50 PM

I have OCD and quilting reallly brings out my OCD. But after I've been on this site for so long, I think a lot of us have OCD. I think that's why we have so much fabric and we still buy more. We become obsessed. Anyway, that's what I figure.

ckcowl 02-06-2012 02:25 AM

as far as addictions go- quilting is one that i think is a pretty good one to have (since it's one i have too )
i quilt in my sleep- it (at times) is all consuming-
and the best part- so far
No Interventions! (planned that i know of anyway) :)