Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ahhhh annoying!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ahhhh-annoying-t200382.html)

LLWinston44 09-13-2012 01:41 PM

Ahhhh annoying!!!

So I'm merrily rolling along working on this quilt. It's the 4 patch Jacobs Ladder with white. SOOOO I'm about a third of the way through and I realize that I've been pressing to the WHITE on one particular part of every block! And in order to fix it, I'd have to dissasemble every single block! SO the conundrum is to keep making the same mistake on the rest of the blocks for uniformity, or fix it on the rest of them but then I'm afraid it will then make the mistakes obvious! arugh! :o(

erstan947 09-13-2012 01:49 PM

I hate it when that happens:( I think I would just proceed as I have already done and don't point it out to anyone. Use white batting and it won't show to anyone but you:)

Toni C 09-13-2012 02:04 PM

Look at it and decide if it bothers you. If it does bite the bullet and undo. I find if I do a 'mess up' and it bothers me and I continue it will end up being the only thing I see. If it doesn't really bother you do it all the same. It's yours

GrannieAnnie 09-13-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44 (Post 5512055)
So I'm merrily rolling along working on this quilt. It's the 4 patch Jacobs Ladder with white. SOOOO I'm about a third of the way through and I realize that I've been pressing to the WHITE on one particular part of every block! And in order to fix it, I'd have to dissasemble every single block! SO the conundrum is to keep making the same mistake on the rest of the blocks for uniformity, or fix it on the rest of them but then I'm afraid it will then make the mistakes obvious! arugh! :o(

Let it go. Nothing is going to blow up or die. SOMETIMES, you have to iron toward light, anyway.

LLWinston44 09-13-2012 04:24 PM

Yeah, it bothers me, but NO WAY am Ingoing to undo all those. A set of 8 averages 2 1/2 hours and I have 4 sets. Gonna have to bite the bullet and cringe as I finish it. Lol. Inthink youre right though, the batting and backing will hopefully hide it a bit. The wonderful person its for wont notice and even if she did she wouldnt care. :-)

lfstamper 09-13-2012 04:33 PM

Keep going like u said!

luvTooQuilt 09-13-2012 05:00 PM

"Just keep swimming.. Just keep swimming.. " ~ Dori, Finding Nemo

BellaBoo 09-13-2012 05:01 PM

Just snip the seam at each intersection and repress to the other side. That's what every instructor I have taken a class from has said do when this happens.

alisonquilts 09-13-2012 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5512538)
Just snip the seam at each intersection and repress to the other side. That's what every instructor I have taken a class from has said do when this happens.

That's what I would do, too.

Alison

LivelyLady 09-13-2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5512110)
Let it go. Nothing is going to blow up or die. SOMETIMES, you have to iron toward light, anyway.

That was a great reply, GrannieAnnie.