Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am i the ONLY one intimidated by making a purse??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-intimidated-making-purse-t46304.html)

taiboo 05-18-2010 07:45 AM

I see everyone post pictures on the picture treads of purses they made, I have never made one and i am soooooo intimidated by them. I would LOVE to do it, but seriously have no idea how.

Are their any tutorials on them anywhere?

kasmitty1 05-18-2010 07:51 AM

I'm intimidated, too. Read through lots of tutes on the internet. I even bought a pattern, but lo... haven't lost the intimidation factor yet. I will, though, by the end of this year. I just will! :)

Maride 05-18-2010 08:01 AM

No need to be intimidated. You try...if you like it, you show it. If you don't like it, learn what you did wrong and try again...and you get a grocery bag. No one care what your grocery bags look like. Is not as hard as it looks. They usually go quick...unless you start with the Professional Tote like I did, which took me 4 nights and some headaches. Start with something simple and before you know you will be another bag lady.

BABAREEBA 05-18-2010 09:04 AM

I also have been too intimidated to do one yet, but I sure am inspired. Thismomquilts posted some very pretty ones called a Phoebe Bag and had a link for the free pattern. I am going to start with that one.

MaryStoaks 05-18-2010 09:10 AM

I'm too intimidated to start one. After seeing all the beautiful Bow Tuck bags members have posted here I bought the pattern and all the stuff to make it. So far I'm still not ready to do it. I think I need to read the directions a few more times.

MNQuilter 05-18-2010 09:24 AM

I was really nervous the first time I did it but it was actually much simpler than I thought! I just did each thing step by step and used stickers to mark each piece so I didn't get confused. They are no harder than putting a quilt together!

Rebecca VLQ 05-18-2010 09:24 AM

Me. I'd love to make a purse, but just can't get over myself to do one!

LHUNT212 05-18-2010 09:34 AM

I will vouch for Amy Butler patterns. I made her weekender bag as my first ever and it was extremely easy to follow (Though not such an easy pattern for a beginner, but I got it figured out). Her patterns are amazing.

Melinda in Tulsa 05-18-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
I'm too intimidated to start one. After seeing all the beautiful Bow Tuck bags members have posted here I bought the pattern and all the stuff to make it. So far I'm still not ready to do it. I think I need to read the directions a few more times.

Hey, it's only fabric! If you mess up too badly, just start over! (ask me how I know <grin>

OraLee 05-18-2010 09:45 AM

I was scared to make a purse until the bow tuck purse, And found it to be easier than I thought it would be. I just followed the directions and there it was done. Wish I could show you what I have made but don't have a camera for that.