Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t115230.html)

ruck9085 04-11-2011 06:28 AM

That loves the old quilts? I just can't get into these new patterns. I like basic, old fashioned, scrap quilts like my granny made. I love the four patch and the Grandmother's Flower garden and the like. I can't get into the landscape quilts or the portrait quilts or even the Bargello's though I have to admit, I've seen some really gorgeous ones.
Also, I love bright colors, mostly reds, yellows and blues, and small print, like Calicoes, not huge florals.
So, am I just an old soul,or are there others like me?

dakotamaid 04-11-2011 06:30 AM

You are not alone in that thought. I love the older patterns and the calicos but I also love much of the newer stuff. Just depends on my mood.:)

dixiebelle162002 04-11-2011 06:32 AM

I love old and new patterns. I just love quilts.

Ginaky 04-11-2011 06:33 AM

I'm like you, I lean toward the more traditional quilts. The others are pretty, I'll give you that, but just not for me.

redkimba 04-11-2011 06:45 AM

I really appreciate the new very artsy quilts; I admire the talent & patience it take to do them. However, I prefer the old piece/pattern tops - even if it's done with the new funky-pattern materials.

I keep saying it - I like knowing my quilt will be used & not stuffed in a box somewhere. (not knocking anyone's work)

Mattee 04-11-2011 06:51 AM

I love the older stuff too, almost exclusively. If I want a day of relaxation, I go for a good old-fashioned four patch, or even just a plain charm quilt, and I'm quite young.

Jill 04-11-2011 07:00 AM

I also like the scrappy, traditional quilts. I look at the landscape and portrait quilts and admire them and respect the amount of time that the quilter has spent to make such a masterpiece. Everyone has different likes. I did one applique and will probably never do another one. I've always done patchwork and after the applique I knew patchwork was what I wanted to do. One reason I love quilting is that it is my quilt and I can do what I want with it.

Annaquilts 04-11-2011 07:06 AM

Part of me is like you but I also like other styles. I just like quilts. Enjoy what you like. Please post some pictures.

MaryStoaks 04-11-2011 07:07 AM

I never met a quilt I didn't like!

TootieAnn 04-11-2011 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by ruck9085
That loves the old quilts? I just can't get into these new patterns. I like basic, old fashioned, scrap quilts like my granny made. I love the four patch and the Grandmother's Flower garden and the like. I can't get into the landscape quilts or the portrait quilts or even the Bargello's though I have to admit, I've seen some really gorgeous ones.
Also, I love bright colors, mostly reds, yellows and blues, and small print, like Calicoes, not huge florals.
So, am I just an old soul,or are there others like me?

I tend to like the older patterns too. Landscapes and portraits are pretty to look at, but I don't make them. You're not the only one. Believe me!