Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t174195.html)

LadyElisabeth 01-04-2012 09:11 PM

My Christmas decorations are often up for Valentines Day. I put red paper hearts on the trees. This year I put up only 4 trees instead of my usual 10. I have red lights around the walls in the kitchen. Quilting IS more important, isn't it?

RugosaB 01-05-2012 09:58 AM

I quilted instead of getting them out!

cwessel47 01-05-2012 12:53 PM

Since my children have grown and gone, it's just me and my cat here. I don't bother putting them up! which means I don't have to take them down. I visit the kids and enjoy their festive spirit. This also means I can give them "heirloom" decor from down in the basement!

VIKINGQUEEN 01-05-2012 01:58 PM

I remove all the Christmas greenery & leave anything with reds up for the next holiday, Valentines Day. Less to put away now & more quilting time. Once Valentines day is over, the rest gets put away. Less stress, again more time for quilting.

Threadbanger 01-05-2012 03:00 PM

Ha Ha! I'm glad to see that I am in good company! Hooray for quilting!

quiltapillow 01-05-2012 04:48 PM

Today, Jan.5, Our birthday, We put our tree up on Dec. 15th. and take down the day after our birthday; Jan.6th. I am trying something new this year. Resoultion: Monday-Wash and house cleaning day; Tuesday--QUILT Day; Wednesday--Study day(Mandolin, a new language, etc.)......... Thursday--extra house pickup day. Friday--nothing and take a nap for the area's Musicals...every Friday 4pm-10pm. Saturday--work around the Farm. Sunday-Church and a nap when we get home. Don't know if it will work but I am going to try and try to get all my UFO's done too.

probles 01-06-2012 09:48 AM

I started putting the decorations away by bringing in all the storage containers and putting them on the floor in front of the TV. I filled maybe two or three of the boxes and decided to do something else. This same behavior went on for about four days. I finally got tired of seeing the boxes and not seeing the TV so well. I finally finished it. One reason it did not bother me too much, I was spending whole days in my studio sewing instead.

katydidkg 01-06-2012 10:04 AM

My tree is down, other decorations stay up for awhile, Snowbabies !

3incollege 01-06-2012 10:12 AM

My tree is still up, I love it up as long as the needles are still on. Jan 6th is Mom's birthday and Ephithany so it is a must until then. maybe another week . I do have to get back into my quilting room!

christina bennett 01-10-2012 07:18 PM

I have spent my time getting every thing in my sewing room organized after going crazy making gifts. The tree is still up. I do love the smell of a live tree. Well dead now,it is still taking water and not too many needles have fallen. Still have some gifts under the tree and turn the lights on every night. I love the joy of making Christmas magic last .
When it comes down I do a little at a time so I still have me time in the sewing room.
It is more more enjoyable after the family rush of visiting.
Plus quilting comes first!