Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-feel-overwhelmed-their-stash-t90177.html)

Sing 01-17-2011 01:41 PM

I love my stash. I love fondling it, looking at it, just knowing it's there is security. About half of it is from Craigslist and Freecycle, so I don't even know all that is in there. I just put them in my cabinets. It's a surprise every time I go through it. The fabric that I bought - I remember where and when and it's comfort.

whinnytoo 01-17-2011 01:54 PM

overwhelmed? never........ Im a confirmed fabricaholic with no cure in sight

MadQuilter 01-17-2011 02:14 PM

Yes, having too much fabric can be overwhelming. I am almost there. I say "almost" because I blew my moratorium plan to buy more the other day and I found myself rationalizing the purchase. Betsy Ross help me!

So for a while, I am forcing myself to MAKE SOMETHING from ONLY the stash. My cupboards are full and there is no more room for new bins. No room in the bins - no new fabric allowd. (Gotta be strong-gotta be strong)

lclang 01-17-2011 07:17 PM

Not overwhelmed...I'd like to live buried up to my neck in beautiful fabric, however my limit seems to be 3 large cupboards and a large closet plus a few misc. dresser drawers and hidey holes because that's all I can cram in. Love the feel of fabric, love the smell of fabric, love the potential quilts that keep flitting through my mind...I'm really losing it aren't I??

Cherokeequilter 01-17-2011 07:23 PM

Actually, I belong to quilting group called the "Cherokee Crazy Quilters" in Cherokee County, Georgia. We just finished a large quilt for the Georgia State Quilting Museum that will be hanging at the state capital the end of the month. We used the Cherokee rose design, the trail of tears pattern and several others that were designed by the original members of our guild. We meet at the Historical Society's building, a very old restored rock barn, which played a major role in our county. The center of the quilt was designed around this rock barn and was appliqued. The quilt is made in pastel batiks, rose & red(for the poinsettias) with a cream background. It has been shown around the metro area and will auctioned off later to support the new museum. All the fabric was donated and the back has a scene with wild horses in a very muted soft blue. There were over 45 ladies who worked on this quilt. Hopefully, someone in our group will make the winning bid.

pjaco 01-18-2011 03:59 AM

That is exciting ! I've never been part of a guild or did something that cool. And the barn, that sounds so inspirational to be in the setting and piecing. What fun!

Originally Posted by Cherokeequilter
Actually, I belong to quilting group called the "Cherokee Crazy Quilters" in Cherokee County, Georgia. We just finished a large quilt for the Georgia State Quilting Museum that will be hanging at the state capital the end of the month. We used the Cherokee rose design, the trail of tears pattern and several others that were designed by the original members of our guild. We meet at the Historical Society's building, a very old restored rock barn, which played a major role in our county. The center of the quilt was designed around this rock barn and was appliqued. The quilt is made in pastel batiks, rose & red(for the poinsettias) with a cream background. It has been shown around the metro area and will auctioned off later to support the new museum. All the fabric was donated and the back has a scene with wild horses in a very muted soft blue. There were over 45 ladies who worked on this quilt. Hopefully, someone in our group will make the winning bid.

bubbe1659 01-22-2011 11:20 AM

how can one have enuf fabric.......i buy knowing that one day i will use it.....maybe lololol

rusty quilter 01-22-2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I'm beginning to think I'm a fabric collector more than a quilter. And I *still* have the urge to buy *more* fabric!

I never had a "stash" until I retired this year. Now, I seem to want it all! I have so many quilts in my head, don't know if I will ever get to make them all!