Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone going to Paducah this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-going-paducah-year-t15985.html)

BellaBoo 01-30-2009 10:02 AM

I went last year for the first time I loved it! The quilt show was fantastic. I was amazed how the whole town turned into a quilting town. Eleanor Burns tents are something not to be missed. The stores all have quilts displayed and any empty building is turned into a quilt vendor hall. It's a quilter's dream for a week.

ohstr 01-30-2009 10:14 AM

Lucky you - I had the opportunity to go once and it was awesome. Loved every minute, and you are right the whole town is decked out in beautiful quilts. Have a wonderful time. I'll be thinking of you.
Sue

Shemjo 01-30-2009 11:29 AM

I am planning to be there on Thursday. A LQS arranges day trips in a tour bus and it is a most relaxing way to go and arrive rested, shop and go home in a relaxed fashion. I used to drive over and back for the day, but with age and the price of gas, this is the way to go! :lol:

sewjoyce 01-30-2009 12:15 PM

I've been several times to the Paducah show. It's wonderful! I didn't get to go last year but if I can find a bus trip, I'll be there!!!!!

BellaBoo 01-30-2009 12:30 PM

It's about a five hour drive for me and I found a hotel room about 20 miles from downtown Paducah for $81 a night. I drive into Paducah each morning, park at El's tent grounds and take the shuttles all day to where I want to go. I love riding the shuttles, I meet quilters from all over. It's so enjoyable being around others who share the passion of quilting. My oldest DD may come with me this year.

Shemjo 01-30-2009 01:54 PM

How fun to ba able to be there for more than one day! Ihave to be a power looker and shopper! :lol: Fortunately, it is not difficult for me to power shop! :?

BellaBoo 01-30-2009 05:21 PM

For years I didn't venture out much by myself. Now having a cell phone, a GPS, and AAA I go everywhere. I told DH I have a car and there is a road so why not go. One day I don't want to be housebound wishing I had just got out and went and wondering why in the world I didn't. There is too much to see and do not to have a little adventure in my life while I can. :D

sewjoyce 01-30-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
For years I didn't venture out much by myself. Now having a cell phone, a GPS, and AAA I go everywhere. I told DH I have a car and there is a road so why not go. One day I don't want to be housebound wishing I had just got out and went and wondering why in the world I didn't. There is too much to see and do not to have a little adventure in my life while I can. :D

Exactly!!! You go girl!! :wink: :wink:

camillacamilla 01-30-2009 06:33 PM

I want to go- it is maybe 2 to 2 1/2 hours from me. The bad thing is, no one shares my hobby.I don't want to drag someone along that would be bored, but I do want to go so bad.

Janstar 01-30-2009 06:41 PM

Take them anyway, they will be hooked by the end of the day. It's a dream of mine to go someday but not very likely to happen. You have fun!