Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone going to Paducah this year?

Blog Entries
    I went last year for the first time I loved it! The quilt show was fantastic. I was amazed how the whole town turned into a quilting town. Eleanor Burns tents are something not to be missed. The stores all have quilts displayed and any empty building is turned into a quilt vendor hall. It's a quilter's dream for a week.

Lucky you - I had the opportunity to go once and it was awesome. Loved every minute, and you are right the whole town is decked out in beautiful quilts. Have a wonderful time. I'll be thinking of you.
    Sue

I am planning to be there on Thursday. A LQS arranges day trips in a tour bus and it is a most relaxing way to go and arrive rested, shop and go home in a relaxed fashion. I used to drive over and back for the day, but with age and the price of gas, this is the way to go! :lol:

I've been several times to the Paducah show. It's wonderful! I didn't get to go last year but if I can find a bus trip, I'll be there!!!!!

Blog Entries
    It's about a five hour drive for me and I found a hotel room about 20 miles from downtown Paducah for $81 a night. I drive into Paducah each morning, park at El's tent grounds and take the shuttles all day to where I want to go. I love riding the shuttles, I meet quilters from all over. It's so enjoyable being around others who share the passion of quilting. My oldest DD may come with me this year.

How fun to ba able to be there for more than one day! Ihave to be a power looker and shopper! :lol: Fortunately, it is not difficult for me to power shop! :?

Blog Entries
    For years I didn't venture out much by myself. Now having a cell phone, a GPS, and AAA I go everywhere. I told DH I have a car and there is a road so why not go. One day I don't want to be housebound wishing I had just got out and went and wondering why in the world I didn't. There is too much to see and do not to have a little adventure in my life while I can. :D

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    For years I didn't venture out much by myself. Now having a cell phone, a GPS, and AAA I go everywhere. I told DH I have a car and there is a road so why not go. One day I don't want to be housebound wishing I had just got out and went and wondering why in the world I didn't. There is too much to see and do not to have a little adventure in my life while I can. :D
    Exactly!!! You go girl!! :wink: :wink:

I want to go- it is maybe 2 to 2 1/2 hours from me. The bad thing is, no one shares my hobby.I don't want to drag someone along that would be bored, but I do want to go so bad.

Take them anyway, they will be hooked by the end of the day. It's a dream of mine to go someday but not very likely to happen. You have fun!

What are the dates for the event in Paduach?

Margie

Blog Entries
    I really have a good time going alone. No one to irk me and I don't have the hassle of someone being tired, bored, want to go somewhere I'm not ready to go to yet.

Blog Entries

When I get more healthy, I plan on going and taking my mom. She lives in Illinois, so I can fly there, and then we can drive to Paducah. We've been talking about doing this for years and I can't wait.

BELLA BOO....it sounds wonderful...if you are driving from Arizona....lets see how many hundreds of miles would it be to come to PA and pick me up? lol I would love to go.....would be fun to meet some of the people from here too. Hmmm, will have to work on hubby.

Margie :)

TRICIA.....I hope you get healthy ASAP...will keep you in my prayers :)

Thanks Margie!! Appreciate the prayers.

I went a couple of years ago and loved it too.. I hope to go this year.