Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone Working on Any Projects Today??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-working-any-projects-today-t4866.html)

julie 03-02-2008 05:04 PM

Between loads of laundry, I started working on a nine-patch baby quilt for my grandbaby due in June. Already finished a rail fence baby quilt for my other grandbaby due also in June. Babies, babies everywhere!! Also, thinking about an idea for a quilt for my 2-year-old grandsons birthday in May. I already made one for the 4-year-old. Would somebody take over my house payments so I can stay home and quilt?! :lol: :lol:

Suz 03-02-2008 05:43 PM

I just finished quilting my Quilt of Valor for the week. All I have to do is bind and attach the label. This is my 33rd QOV. It will be going to Lundstuhl, Germany tomorrow.

Suzanne

PamH 03-02-2008 05:54 PM

No quilting today.. Spent the day with my 3 year old granddaughter, just being Gram to her and making her feel special. Lots of laundry done and started chasing the bunny on the fab hop.

blahel 03-02-2008 07:51 PM

sunny and dry here with not a cloud in the sky and around 30 degrees celsius (dont know in fahrenheit)..need to finish making pillow part for a baby quillow but husband and teenage sons keep getting me sidetracked onto other things as is a public holiday here.
Was meant to be ready for when baby born last week...but better late than never.. :roll:

annmarie 03-02-2008 08:03 PM

I worked most of the day on the Turning Twenty duvet cover for the down comforter on my bed. IT'S DONE but need to wait for brighter light to take a pic. It was reeeeeeeeeally gloomy here today. Raining now on top of all the snow. Boo.

Joan 03-03-2008 07:06 AM

I know it's Monday now but will post my activities for yesterday as everyone else did. I am working on a lap quilt for my soon to be 85 year old Dad. It originally was going to be all browns and tans, masculine looking. But, I just couldn't stop myself and have added some blue highlights---very scrappy looking, too. The day was lots of fun and I hope to have a picture to post one of these days. Thank goodness for weekends, it off to work this morning.....

Connie1948 03-03-2008 08:40 AM

Heading for a local quilter who is going out of business. Is selling her Little Grace frame and around 10 boards for 250. I am going to see if my Bernina will work on it. If it does I am coming home with it. She is going to help me mount my quilt and sewing machine. I hope I can do it. My quilting is not that great. This would be a big help. No more shoving and turning quilts around and around. Send little prayers that my little used all season sun room becomes my quilting room!

Flying_V_Goddess 03-03-2008 11:30 AM

I got a book on how to do Celtic knotwork so I could try and make my own borders for my sea map wallhanging instead of looking through 8 billion websites trying to find one that I like and will work for this design. I fiddled around with it last night and this morning and it just isn't working. I pretty much get the concept of how knotwork is done, but when I try to do my own designs (after trying the ones shown in the book) suddenly the concepts don't work. I'll keep trying at it and see if I at least get something that's good and not from the book.

In the mean time, I'm probably just gonna do more research on screen printing (I want to try and screen print my islands onto the map blocks) and play Guitar Hero (who knows? Might get an idea from playing it).

Steve 03-03-2008 12:01 PM

Always! I think that if I didn't spend some time on the quilting each day I'd be at a loss. Strange how that happened...

Am quilting the doll quilt and trying to figure out the color scheme/design to quilts for both a niece and nephew.

luckylolo 03-03-2008 12:33 PM

I am working on my income taxes......do it in the cellar on a ping pong table where there is a lot of room and not many distractions--after which I've promised myself a couple hours to work on my newest quilt border!