Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Arggggghhhhhhhhhhh plz help me now, sewing machine problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/arggggghhhhhhhhhhh-plz-help-me-now-sewing-machine-problem-t23050.html)

sunnyhope 07-21-2009 09:58 AM

it seems to be a problem with the tension or something, i have it on regular stitches and on tension/length 3 or 4 now but it doesnt look like they are suposed to in the front and its all messy on the back so what is wrong with me or my machine..................

Ofcourse it had to happend now when i was gonna catch up on sum sewing and all :cry:

LindaR 07-21-2009 09:59 AM

check your bobbin, is it in right???? rethread and if that doesn't help, I don't know, tension is tricky

Lacelady 07-21-2009 10:02 AM

Take it one step at a time. Check the bobbin holder, is it threaded right, is the bobbin in the right way? Re thread the machine, check that you have the same thread on the machine and on the bobbin. You can use different threads, but do this for now, to try and right the problem first.

Clean out any lint under needle plate, and around the bobbin holder if there is any, and a spot of oil is always useful. Check if there are any stray threads under the needle plate, or where the thread goes between tension discs. Best of luck.

sunnyhope 07-21-2009 10:03 AM

bobbin seems ok and have rethreaded.

it worked well for quite few strips soooo :?:

sharon b 07-21-2009 10:03 AM

Start with rethreading the machine, then take out the bobbin and clean out the bobbin area REALLY good, then put bobbin back in. Also sometimes a new needle may help. If all this doesn't help I don't know what else to suggest , sorry . Hate when that happens it is so frustrating :twisted: Hope you get it fixed
Sharon

SharonC 07-21-2009 10:03 AM

I'm trying to picture your problem, and would just tell you to take the thread off and remove the bobbin--then after a couple of deep breathes (:)) put them in again. This way it's freshly loaded and ready for a test ride on a scrap of material.
Good luck--I hate it when this happens. Hope you get to enjoy your sewing today :)

sunnyhope 07-21-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Take it one step at a time. Check the bobbin holder, is it threaded right, is the bobbin in the right way? Re thread the machine, check that you have the same thread on the machine and on the bobbin. You can use different threads, but do this for now, to try and right the problem first.

Clean out any lint under needle plate, and around the bobbin holder if there is any, and a spot of oil is always useful. Check if there are any stray threads under the needle plate, or where the thread goes between tension discs. Best of luck.

i dont have sewing machine oil; can i use anything else? and where exactly am i putting the oil?

sunnyhope 07-21-2009 10:06 AM

I mite go and press so seems in the mean time so u will know i m a bit on and off.

Justquilting 07-21-2009 10:16 AM

Just take a deep breath.
Start over and rethread top & bobbin.
You shouldn't use anything but sewing machine oil.
Other oils are too heavy and will cause major problems.

sunnyhope 07-21-2009 10:20 AM

Think problem is solved now, i have blown out the dust where i can, changed threads top and bottom and even changed a needle :wink: