Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Avatar Dilemma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/avatar-dilemma-t123307.html)

palandrum 05-15-2011 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dunster
Well I was born in Texas but not raised there (after the age of 5) so I guess that's why I've never seen embroidered toilet paper. How in the world do you do it??? I would use that avatar just to stir up mischief.

Roll out a double layer of toilet paper large enough to fit on a hoop making sure the tp is folded under to lay on the hoop, extend the roll of paper far enough to allow hoop to go on sewing machine (handle very carefully, giving plenty of room for the hoop to move). I layered heavy/med weight stabilizer, toilet paper (2 layers) then wash away stabilizer on top (clear, see through type). Center your design and sew (make sure design will fit within edges of toilet paper. When finished, carefully remove from hoop, trim stabilizers to edges of tp. Roll back onto roll. Tear washaway from around edges of design (do this very, very carefully, holding down the edges of the design as you tear to keep from tearing the tp. Wrap in Saran Wrap and decorate package as you desire. Have fun - they are unique conversation pieces!! I am attaching pics of more options I made.

Other TP Ideas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197521[/ATTACH]

b.zang 05-15-2011 03:14 PM

I have to ask - WHY embroider on toilet paper? What is it then used for??

valsma 05-15-2011 03:17 PM

I have know idea what I would do with it, but these are so cute. I bet those have started some facinating conversations.

palandrum 05-15-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marion T
I've never ever heard of anyone embroidering on toilet paper! Why don't you alternate them - you know, give a month to one then change and give a month to the other.

Lovely idea - thank!

palandrum 05-15-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang

As a joke, unique conversation piece, as a challenge. My question is always - Why not? ;0)

palandrum 05-15-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
I have know idea what I would do with it, but these are so cute. I bet those have started some facinating conversations.

I have had some great times giving them as mementoes, gag gifts, etc., depending on the occasion.

sassy granny 05-15-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by palandrum

Originally Posted by b.zang

As a joke, unique conversation piece, as a challenge. My question is always - Why not? ;0)

I also say, Why not ? Most people decorate their bathrooms. Why not have fancy schmansy toilet paper to decorate the shelves ? I think they are cute and certainly conversation pieces. Go for it !!!!!

sassy granny

quiltlonger 05-15-2011 04:08 PM

My uncle "pumps" toilets for a living and their bathroom is done in a outhouse theme I've just got this years gift idea. They have the heat stabilizer that you iron and brush away might work well on the TP Keep the Tp

gunny148 05-15-2011 04:11 PM

Well that takes the cake,,,embroided toilet peper...Kewl

Essiescott 05-15-2011 04:13 PM

I love your embroidered TP, I've done some, may I ask where you got your Texas designs? I'm an almost native Texan, only been here about 48 of my years, live with 3 native Texans. Also love your little pouches, would love info on both.

Sibyl