Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bad quilt shop experiences (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-quilt-shop-experiences-t34146.html)

Marjpf 01-14-2010 04:36 PM

I have two - First when I go to my usual quilt shops, I am always treated very nicely, but, when my 24 year old daughter (who looks about 16) goes in without me she is snubbed. There was one shop in particular that was the worst offender. So during a Quilters Run (while the shop was very full), I told them why I never shop there anymore. Three other ladies came up and told me they were glad I had spoken up.
Second story - I bought $53.20 worth of merchandise. I gave the lady $60.20. She started to give me change of $6.80. When I told her I had given her 20 cents, she stood there and practically called me a liar! I did go in again the next week for something and she apologized, but still left a bad taste for that store.
Your stories?

feline fanatic 01-14-2010 04:44 PM

I have been very fortunate and have never had a bad experience in any quilt shop.

BellaBoo 01-14-2010 04:48 PM

The complaint I have for the few quilt stores in my area is the blank stare I get when I ask for a tool or product that is new on the market. I get this "I've never heard of that" reply. And get the same response six months later when I ask if they have it yet. Quilt shops that don't keep up with the latest are not worth my time, I rather buy online.

Shemjo 01-14-2010 04:48 PM

So far I have been fortunate and have not had a bad experience in a LQS. And I do some travelling and have been happy in all my experiences. It pains me when "clerks" don't take pains with customers, but give them. Don't they realize why they are in business?

MadQuilter 01-14-2010 04:51 PM

I bought a bunch of fabric and the owner (who knew me) said: Please tell me that you don't plan to use those in the same quilt. (which I planned to do) She then asked what I planned to name the quilt "Nightmare on Elm Street?" Not the most encouraging comment for a newbee quilter. She is a quiltzilla and thankfully no longer in business - rude, cnatancerous, useless, mean B****.

I took my quilt back when it was done and I made her eat her words. HA!

henryparrish76 01-14-2010 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I bought a bunch of fabric and the owner (who knew me) said: Please tell me that you don't plan to use those in the same quilt. (which I planned to do) She then asked what I planned to name the quilt "Nightmare on Elm Street?" Not the most encouraging comment for a newbee quilter. She is a quiltzilla and thankfully no longer in business - rude, cnatancerous, useless, mean B****.

I took my quilt back when it was done and I made her eat her words. HA!

WOW! Can't believe she actually said that out loud to you!

MadQuilter 01-14-2010 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by henryparrish76

I'm sure she thought she was being funny. Here is a pic of "Nightmare" (The only quilt I ever named - lol)

henryparrish76 01-14-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by henryparrish76

I'm sure she thought she was being funny. Here is a pic of "Nightmare" (The only quilt I ever named - lol)

I love it! That is a lovely quilt. Glad you made her eat her words and that she is no longer in business. I do not understand the need that some people have to diss someone else's work.

nursie76 01-14-2010 04:59 PM

I really like that! The colors all work together great! That lady on top of everything else has no vision!

Oklahoma Suzie 01-14-2010 05:12 PM

I don't like the hancocks we have here, not very friendly.