Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bendable light (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bendable-light-t28615.html)

user3587 11-12-2009 11:29 AM

I'm not sure where this topic would have gone, but it has to do with my quilting. When someone has a good experience with a company if you share that it helps all of us. Several months ago I purchase a Bendable Bright Lights for one of my machines. I can't sew without it. I tried cheaper ones but they just don't have the light this one does. Anyway the stem just wouldn't stay put or bend the way I thought it was supposed to. I made it work and have not regreted it. I bought another yes yesterday(earned points at a LQS) cost me $20 for the other machine and I couldn't believe the difference. I figured they improved the product. I emailed them with my observation and gave them praises for the improvement. They just sent me an email: We need to replace the old light as it should be staying in place. It should not be floppy!!! Just send it back to us:include a copy of this email so we can get you a new one. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions if you don't think it is right. A good company will always take good care of you! I just wanted to share this experience.

On the other hand I learned something about ordering online, I ordered some charms, (ebay) they didn't have a manufacturer name stated. That should have been my cue, they are a very poor quality fabrc. Live and learn.

sew_lulu 11-12-2009 11:32 AM

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to look into it. I'm in the process of creating/setting up my sewing room.

BellaBoo 11-12-2009 11:41 AM

The Bendable light is great and it makes a world of difference!I think every machine should have one. One drawback for me is having to have the extra plug when I go to classes or workshops. Usually there aren't that many available and too many plugs on a multi plug will cause all kinds of problems.

amma 11-12-2009 12:13 PM

WOW what a great company to take care of you so well!!!
I had looked at these, but did not realize that they were plugged in...I did not want another battery eater :x LOL I will be getting one of these soon!!! Thanks for this post :D :D :D

Bill'sBonBon 11-12-2009 12:26 PM

I love my sewing room inspite of it having 4 windows and a door with window I was still having a lot of trouble seeing after it got late in the day, Especiallly at night. Couldn't tell Black from Navy or Dark green. I saw a Ott light in Lowes for $79.99. I had some money from Last Mothers day from my DD and DH. Decided that would be the perfect thing to buy for my money. It worked Beautifully and still does,I use it for other things besides sewing. I saw the Bendable and almost got it but was unsure whether it would do the job or not. OH WELL I got a nice Mothers Day Pressie out of it any way and I do love the Ott light.
BillsBonBon

joeyoz 11-12-2009 12:28 PM

I bought the bendable light and had the same problem. I just taped the bendable stem in place on the machine. I love it. I'm with you. Don't know what I did without it before. :D :D :D :D :D

amma 11-12-2009 12:43 PM

It sounds like you could get a new one too Joey :D

joeyoz 11-12-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by amma
It sounds like you could get a new one too Joey :D

They said I could sent it in for a new one, but this is working just fine for me. I was constantly bumping it and having to readjust it anyway, so the taping method works out great. Of course if I used something besides green masking tape it might look better, but wouldn't be as colorful. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

littlehud 11-12-2009 06:19 PM

A good company stands behind their products. You just proved it.

sewnsewer2 11-12-2009 07:10 PM

What was the brand of your bendable and where did you find it?