Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/big-lots-fat-quarters-test-t108876.html)

debbieumphress 03-19-2011 07:26 AM

I have been reading about the 1.00 fq's at Big lots, both negative and positive....so to see for myself....
I bought 2 fq's from them. They felt wonderful.
I brought them home, took off tags, put two Moda fq's in with them and washed them together. All four came out nicely, If I did not know the fabrics myself, I don't think I could have told the difference. With the cost of fabrics rising for now, I figured, cost is important now too. The next test is to use them with other fabric I have and then see again. Maybe I should have been a fabric tester in my real life. ROFL. HUGS

I know there have been posts on here so don't tell me to go read, I wanted to share what I discovered. I always look at them when I go to Big Lots and don't buy. Never sure. Well now I am and the next trip I will buy more. They usually only have maybe around 50 or so. I love the colors too.

So , to each his own. Just wanted to throw in my two cents worth. Inquiring minds need to know. LOL. Now I do.

Hope this thread stays positive too.

michelehuston 03-19-2011 07:28 AM

I didn't know big lots sold fq!! Will have to look next time I go..thanks!

debbieumphress 03-19-2011 07:31 AM

It's in the same aisle with the scrap books crafts , etc, They also have a 5.00 table tote that holds lots of your tools for classes and such. Wonderful canvas. Have fun there.

quiltnmom 03-19-2011 07:32 AM

I bought some a few months back and they are great. However, haven't seen any in our store since:(

Stitchnripper 03-19-2011 07:34 AM

I agree with you debbieumphress - I have gotten then at Big Lots too. There are some that are great and some I can tell aren't, so don't get those. I don't always see them when I go, and last time I found them in with the plastic containers!! Always a treasure hunt at Big Lots.

cjomomma 03-19-2011 07:36 AM

I think the ones at big lots are better then the one at Walmart by a long shot.

debbieumphress 03-19-2011 07:43 AM

I asked them about having more and she said, they get them when they get them. I also buy other things and look and some months not there and other months, they have it. Like you say, always a treasure hunt there.
Cjomomma - At our walmart, which only sells precuts now. Arghhhhhh. if you look at the tags on the FQ packs, it says Cranston Mfg. FYI. Some don't. Hope Big Lots carries more for you. ♥

debbieumphress 03-19-2011 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
I agree with you debbieumphress - I have gotten then at Big Lots too. There are some that are great and some I can tell aren't, so don't get those. I don't always see them when I go, and last time I found them in with the plastic containers!! Always a treasure hunt at Big Lots.

Hubby laughs at me when I stand there and feel them and ooh and ahhhhh. Usually makes him go to the tool section and leave me to my touchy feely thing. LOL♥

bluteddi 03-19-2011 07:47 AM

in the past ( don't live near a big lots now) U get what u get.. Besure and always do lots of touching and feeling ( like a fabricholic wouldn't!!??) Just as with every other place... They get some good stuff and some crappy stuff...

Good find..

Yep.. Big Lots is hit or miss... this was a hit!

quiltsRfun 03-19-2011 07:50 AM

Couldn't find them when I went to Big Lots. The store near me closed so I can't check as often as I'd like.