Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Boy am I stupid!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/boy-am-i-stupid-t178107.html)

Dolphyngyrl 02-04-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by GammaLou (Post 4941341)
Just got to our vacation condo and set up my machine and guess what? I didn't pack my foot control. How did I foget that!! Guess I'll have to have it mailed to me. I can't spend a month here without sewing and the Off/On switch is not easy to use for peicing.

I have gotten to a class with no bobbins, I think its so easy to forget the small things. It always pays to make a list, that's how i don't forget anymore for classes and things

BellaBoo 02-04-2012 12:12 PM

I have had DH overnight my cord/pedal to me when I forgot it and too far to come back home. I kept a lookout for a cord and pedal that would fit my machines at yard sales and thrift stores. If the machine is non working great, I don't want the machine. I now have an extra cord and pedal for my portable machines I usually take to classes/workshops. I keep them in a bag in the trunk of my car.

Tartan 02-04-2012 01:03 PM

NOOOOOOOO! I feel your disappointment, sigh.

Daffy Daphne 02-04-2012 02:10 PM

I once went to spend a couple of days with my DD who lived about 150 miles away, taking my machine and three outfits (for her to wear to work) cut out and completed to the fitting stage. Got everything set up and like you, had forgotten the foot control. No start/stop button either.

I called the sewing machine dealer and asked if I could rent a foot control for a day and a half, and she kindly said not rent, just borrow at no charge. That's living in the South for you! I did make a purchase at the shop when I took the control back.

NannaL 02-04-2012 02:18 PM

If you own your Holiday Condo maybe buying a new foot control is the way to go and then you could leave it there for next time. Just a thought.

Grandma Peg 02-04-2012 02:47 PM

It is so hard to remember everything. Can see why you are sad. I have a hard time remembering everything when going to a guild sewing session.

margoee 02-04-2012 02:57 PM

Why not try calling the local sewing machine store or even the local quilt shop and explain your situation....the local sewing machine store (if they sell your brand) just might lend you a foot pedal....never know!! It would be good business as I bet you would let all your vacation area quilter friend know. Good luck....

nana pat 02-04-2012 03:07 PM

it is so nice to read of such caring in so many areas. Yours for making your daughter clothing ...hers for loving you enough to have you visit...the shop keeper for lending and not renting or selling and back to you by showing your appreciation by your purchase. Godd new is hard to come by and I appreciated reading your very positive note.

Deb watkins 02-04-2012 03:53 PM

I bet you could get in a bubble envelope for under $5.

lonestardreams 02-04-2012 07:04 PM

Hope you get one real soon.