Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy am I stupid!!

Angry Boy am I stupid!!

Just got to our vacation condo and set up my machine and guess what? I didn't pack my foot control. How did I foget that!! Guess I'll have to have it mailed to me. I can't spend a month here without sewing and the Off/On switch is not easy to use for peicing.

My sympathies. Forgetting is way too easy to do. I have forgotten to take thread when going to a quilt-in. How embarrassing. Luckily someone else shared with me.

Now I keep a packing list with my quilting supplies & machine so if I go to a class or a quilt-in I have my own check list.
    It usually just takes once to get me to find a solution that fits for me.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

How much would a new one cost???????? I kept forgetting my plug cord when I'd go to classes....finally bought a new one and keep it in my travel bag!
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
    How much would a new one cost????????
    If it's not too much it might be worth it.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

ditto ... a new one may be less than the shipping costs, and then you'd be set up for the future!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dd
    I think I would see what a new one costs. Never know until you check it out.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    bummer! the others have a good idea! postage is so expensive these days
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    I have been looking for a new one and they are 40 and up.

I went to a class and forgot my electric cord. I was lucky as the class was at the LQS where I bought my machine and they loaned me one. You only do something like that once. If you are able to get someone to mail it to you, you are lucky. I don't think I would buy a new one.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I have been looking for a new one and they are 40 and up.
    That's more than I expected. I guess that ya can price how much it will cost ta mail it. I'm guessing that it will cast less ta have it mailed. So Sorry.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaLou View Post
    Just got to our vacation condo and set up my machine and guess what? I didn't pack my foot control. How did I foget that!! Guess I'll have to have it mailed to me. I can't spend a month here without sewing and the Off/On switch is not easy to use for peicing.
    I have gotten to a class with no bobbins, I think its so easy to forget the small things. It always pays to make a list, that's how i don't forget anymore for classes and things

Blog Entries
    I have had DH overnight my cord/pedal to me when I forgot it and too far to come back home. I kept a lookout for a cord and pedal that would fit my machines at yard sales and thrift stores. If the machine is non working great, I don't want the machine. I now have an extra cord and pedal for my portable machines I usually take to classes/workshops. I keep them in a bag in the trunk of my car.
    Got fabric?

Power Poster
    NOOOOOOOO! I feel your disappointment, sigh.

I once went to spend a couple of days with my DD who lived about 150 miles away, taking my machine and three outfits (for her to wear to work) cut out and completed to the fitting stage. Got everything set up and like you, had forgotten the foot control. No start/stop button either.

I called the sewing machine dealer and asked if I could rent a foot control for a day and a half, and she kindly said not rent, just borrow at no charge. That's living in the South for you! I did make a purchase at the shop when I took the control back.

If you own your Holiday Condo maybe buying a new foot control is the way to go and then you could leave it there for next time. Just a thought.

Power Poster
    It is so hard to remember everything. Can see why you are sad. I have a hard time remembering everything when going to a guild sewing session.

Why not try calling the local sewing machine store or even the local quilt shop and explain your situation....the local sewing machine store (if they sell your brand) just might lend you a foot pedal....never know!! It would be good business as I bet you would let all your vacation area quilter friend know. Good luck....

it is so nice to read of such caring in so many areas. Yours for making your daughter clothing ...hers for loving you enough to have you visit...the shop keeper for lending and not renting or selling and back to you by showing your appreciation by your purchase. Godd new is hard to come by and I appreciated reading your very positive note.

I bet you could get in a bubble envelope for under $5.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Hope you get one real soon.

That is such a common issue. Sorry. Yes, definitely have it shipped. Last year I went cramping without my quarter inch foot. I actaully cried. I finally managed to get some sticky notes, to make a 1/4 in. seam, from the camping owner. Made my day.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Start a packing list. I couldn't survive without it. It seems I have to adjust mine every time I come back from a retreat or sewing day, because I think of something else I forgot.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Overnight mail!
    Lori McC

I made a little pouch out of a scrap of fleece. It holds the cord, foot pedal, and thread spindle. It fits right in the center
    of the sewing machine so I never forget it. That said, I once packed everything for a trip to Mom's and left the sewing
    machine home!

Boy, am I stupid!!

I have an extra one that I keep in my sewing travel bag. It really is worth the price. Unless the power cord costs hundreds of dollars, it really is worth the expense. However, since you already have an on/off button, the cheapest way to go is to use that for the month.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast