Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boy am I stupid!!

I'd sure check it out first. You never know what you can find and how much. Maybe you could borrow one for the time you are at the lake. Any other sewers near you?
    Sharon (Gypsylady)

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say "stupid", I would say normal as these things are happening to me lately on a regular basis. I feel your pain.
    Jeanne

Blog Entries
    Lately, I have been forgetting everything! LOL! It always makes me feel so silly when I do it! Hopefully you will get it mailed to you and all will be well.
    Bonnie

I also use a list = too many times forgetting essentials spurred me on to making one!

This is another excuse for having more than one sewing machine! Luckily, I have more than 30. And, please don't suggest an intervention. My family has tried.....

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMcc View Post
    Overnight mail!
    Overnight mail is so expensive. I had my DH overnight me a package, and mind you, it was just a small pkg and it cost him $65. For that price, he could have sent it around the world!!! I sure hope you're able to get your foot pedal SOON!!!

I have a $20 garage sale machine I keep in a dark corner of our cabin just for that reason! I've never had to pull it out, but I know if I ever got rid of it I'd be forgetting things all the time. Cheap insurance. Yes, it's not the best machine, but when I want to sew, almost anything will do in a pinch.

Best of luck I hope you get your foot pedal mailed to you

Sorry to hear this happened. I thought it was bad when I showed up at a class (I thought I was well-organized) with everything but the gas pedal. Lucky for me they had one that worked.

It costs way too much to have the pedal over-nighted to you. I hope you've found a solution!
    :-)
    CAS

That sounds like something I would do. Hope you get one soon.

YIKES!
    I have forgotten so much while I travel! One time my husband forgot to pack underpants when we went to China for a month. We went to a Chinese department store and tried to use sign language. We weren't doing too well when a Chinese man, who spoke perfect English, came up to us, saw our problem, and helped us out.........just too funny. We now have a list to pack with, but we still forget stuff!'
    Hope you get your machine foot and can have some fun sewing!

Quote Originally Posted by GammaLou View Post
    Just got to our vacation condo and set up my machine and guess what? I didn't pack my foot control. How did I foget that!! Guess I'll have to have it mailed to me. I can't spend a month here without sewing and the Off/On switch is not easy to use for peicing.
    The on/off button is all I use for piecing! My foot pedal is packed away, never use it! You might try it, just slow down your speed until you are comfortable.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 02-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    The on/off button is all I use for piecing! My foot pedal is packed away, never use it! You might try it, just slow down your speed until you are comfortable.
    I also like to use the on/off button for piecing. I like the foot pedal for applique.
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

Where is your vacation condo? Maybe someone on here lives near there that has one you could borrow...
    ~Laura

Quote Originally Posted by margoee View Post
    Why not try calling the local sewing machine store or even the local quilt shop and explain your situation....the local sewing machine store (if they sell your brand) just might lend you a foot pedal....never know!! It would be good business as I bet you would let all your vacation area quilter friend know. Good luck....
    I would check with the sewing machine shop to see if they have any used controllers...if a machine is left as non fixable, they will not throw out usable parts. Most of these shops have a "graveyard of dead machines".
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Quote Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
    I went to a class and forgot my electric cord. I was lucky as the class was at the LQS where I bought my machine and they loaned me one. You only do something like that once. If you are able to get someone to mail it to you, you are lucky. I don't think I would buy a new one.
    Sue
    Maybe you only do something like that once, but not I. I not only repeat the same mistake, I find new ones to make. froggyintexas

So sorry you know your wings are clipped for now. In that situation I might use it as an excuse to go fabric shopping and start more UFO's, but that's just me.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

If there is a local quilt shop that carries your brand of machine, you might ask about borrowing one. Some are pretty good about that. Esp. if you have been shopping there.

Kathy

Oh bummer, Hope you get it figured out!!

I bet you aren't really stupid, I bet you were thinking of 5 million kazillion things to get ready and missed one. I do however hate when that happens. I once forgot a presser foot - and you really can not sew without one, I had none!

I always forget something I need every time i go away I came to NE to stay for an extended period of time and i left the box for my wireless mouse and keyboard brought the keyboad and mouse but they don't work without the the little box that plugs into the computer so i just went out and bought the cheap ones that just plug in. I don't use that computer much mostly for my sewing machine and use my laptop for this but it is still a pain when you forget something you really need.
    my heart goes out to you hope you get it soon..

Totally understand - I just tell people (usually my family) that my brain is full. One more thing just won't fit in for now. At most of our ages there is just so much data stored up there that ... it's full.
    I ditto using that on/off button. My foot pedal is still in it's packing bag. All I use is on/off. Good luck with whatever solution you went with.
    So many quilts, so little time.

It is not stupid, just a big learning curve. lol
    ABCDEFG

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
    So sorry you know your wings are clipped for now. In that situation I might use it as an excuse to go fabric shopping and start more UFO's, but that's just me.
    Great advice! My idea is that you remember that you are ON VACATION! Think about going out for new magazines or a quilting book....or a good book and relax while you're on vacation. There's nothing like rest for the body and the mind. But I would imagine that quilting is YOUR r and r. I hope your problem is solved quickly.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Not stupid, just human Luckily as you see we have all done something like that at one time or another !
    Amythyst

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast