Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Boy am I stupid!!

I think that I would make a little travel bag that has a list of everything that you need for a trip anywhere that you will be sewing and quilting. That way hopefully you won't forget anything. To bad you didn't have an extra machine there that was the same type of machine that you could steal the foot pedal from. Oh well, get someone to send the pedal via UPS or FedEx ASAP. Tell them you are having symptoms of severe withdrawl and if you don't get your pedal that they will have to put you into a hospital for treatment. That should work, if for nothing else but a really great laugh.

Thanks everyone for the support and ideas. I will certainly use a list in the future. I have a retreat coming up in May and I don't want to repeat!! My neighbor, who is looking after the house is mailing the foot to me today, so should have it by mid week.

Thanks again for all your ideas! It's good to have my virtual friends

Blog Entries
    I know exactly how you feel, I did that a few years ago when I went to a retreat. Luckily one of the other members who was sharing a table with us always carried a spare machine with her so she offered to let me use it. I was so happy but nervous at the same time as I had never sewn on a Bernnia before and I hardly knew the lady. I was in love with her machine instantly but she was not interested in selling it but I had a great time using it .
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

With so much to pack it is an easy mistake. I hope you receive the foot control soon.

Blog Entries
    wondering if LQS would rent you one...if they carry your machine and service them there they may have extra

My problem with mailing would be.................who do I get to go into my house, look for what I need and find the "right" item and then ship it.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

What a great neighbor!! Good for you.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh that is awful!! No foot control and a month to sew. I solved that problem several years ago when I did that going to a retreat. I now have a list where I check off everything I need to sew somewhere other than at home. Since that I have not forgotten foot control, extra needles, extra rotary blade, etc etc. good luck.

Many of you mentioned the on/off button instead of the control foot. Do all machines have that capability? I have a Pfaff 2056 and I don't think it does. But if you could tell me how to check that out I would greatly appreciate it.
    jean

You'll get used to using the on/off button. I find it much easier now that I'm used to it. It always starts off the first couple of stitches really slow so you can get your other had in place - or at least my Baby lock does. I love the even speed I get with the on/off button.

Don't feel bad, I have seen ladies show up at quilt retreats without there foot control. So you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
    Many of you mentioned the on/off button instead of the control foot. Do all machines have that capability? I have a Pfaff 2056 and I don't think it does. But if you could tell me how to check that out I would greatly appreciate it.
    No, it's only on some of the newer machines. I think that it would be a nice feature, but since most of my machines are vintage, that leaves me out.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

We winter in Texas and after forgetting my bobbins last year you would have thought I checked a little better this year when packing. I forgot my 1/4" foot! Both times I have ordered online from Brubakers in PA and had excellent service. Now I have a spare! I think I would rather have a spare since I will be paying postage either way. Good luck!

maybe use one of the post office's boxes they advertise?? "if it fits, it ships" and isn't that 2 day postage too?

Blog Entries
    I did similar when I went to a friend's with my serger. Hers wasn't working, so she wanted me to see if I could find the problem. I packed my serger, just in case I wasn't the mechanic that she thought I was. She had a project that she wanted to roll on.

Yep - forgot the power cord and the foot pedal. The funny part - I knew I was going to do it, when I set the machine in the carry case. Mental reminders aren't enough.
    jraff - quilter wannabee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3