Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Browser (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/browser-t119645.html)

ruthrec 04-29-2011 09:31 AM

I'm not sure if I should post this in the Main section or not but I'd like to know what browser works best for this forum. I had no problems at all with XP or Windows 7 until I upgraded to IE9. Now I have three browsers...Opera for Facebook, Firefox for most everything else. About the only thing I can use IE9 for is checking email. Just curious as to what you use. My son-in-law and daughter gave me a new laptop a few weeks ago loaded with Win 7 and it's great but I'm in the dark now about browsers.

saf 04-29-2011 09:36 AM

I use Firefox for everything and have never had any problems. Touch wood! :lol:

erstan947 04-29-2011 09:43 AM

I also use Firefox:)

Lucky Lady 04-29-2011 09:45 AM

I use Firefox for everything but for the past few days have not been able to open this forum. Computer keeps getting hung up. So, today I decided to try Internet Explorer (going through withdrawls, lol) and it worked. Yay!! I get on here several times a day to read the different posts and have really missed it the past few days. Love, love, love this forum.

ptquilts 04-29-2011 09:46 AM

firefox, no problems with ads bothering me (I also use AdBlockerPlus)

lauriejo 04-29-2011 09:49 AM

I usually use IE for this forum and haven't had any problem, except ones caused by my retarded computer.

thepolyparrot 04-29-2011 10:02 AM

I have IE9 on the computer that I'm migrating from and I'm about to put IE9 on this one - just got it yesterday. I started with the beta version of 9 and really liked it - very stable and some of the features are good ideas.

I used to be into all the non-Microsoft alternatives like Opera and Firefox, but I've gotten un-geeky in my old age. ;)

I don't want to troubleshoot hardware and software issues any more. I don't want to upgrade my own RAM or video card, much less install a new internal drive. I don't want to wrestle with registry errors any more.

I want my computer to sit here and wait for me until I need it to do something and then I want it to just do it. :mrgreen:

I want to go to a site and have it behave the way the author intended it to behave. And most sites are optimized for MSIE, whether they state that or not, because most users/visitors by far are using MSIE. Web authors who care about accessibility for the majority of their visitors write their pages for MSIE. (I haven't been a web writer for four years now, but visitor ease is one of your primary concerns - especially if you're writing a commercial site.)

merry 04-29-2011 10:05 AM

Foxfire for all; no problems :thumbup:
Have Norton Security & ad-block

Quilter7x 04-29-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
firefox, no problems with ads bothering me (I also use AdBlockerPlus)

Same here, love Firefox.

amma 04-29-2011 10:56 AM

I use IE for the board but I have switched to Firefox when I go into the chat room :D:D:D