Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Change in Connecting Threads Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/change-connecting-threads-thread-t192576.html)

Ann S. 06-23-2012 09:08 AM

Change in Connecting Threads Thread

Has anyone noticed a change in Connecting Threads Thread? The last couple of spools received had knots, spurs and created much more lint in my machines both while piecing and machine quilting. This problem has developed in the last 6 mos. Several ladies in my quilting group have had the same problem and, combined, we buy a lot of thread from them. I was wondering if they have changed their supplier for the egyptian cotton thread? Can anyone recommend an alternative retailer on-line to buy exemplary thread at the same price?

ljfox 06-23-2012 09:10 AM

I just used it for a quilt and noticed that it seemed to break easier. Not a good thing.

Peckish 06-23-2012 09:10 AM

Have you contacted Connecting Threads? They may have gotten a bad batch, or they might not even know about it yet. They have excellent customer service - I'd contact them first to see if they're willing to replace it.

mayme 06-23-2012 09:12 AM

Call them, they will replace it. I bought several spools and had one bad one. When I called they told me they had had some problems and were very nice about sending me a replacement spool. Mayme

Ann S. 06-23-2012 09:18 AM

Just jotted off a note to Connecting Threads. Will wait to see how they respond.

nativetexan 06-23-2012 10:20 AM

oh my goodness, i just started using them as my thread supplier. of course, i've already bought lots of it.

Sienna's GiGi 06-23-2012 10:24 AM

They have a sale right now. $1.74 a spool. I love their thread and is thinking of buying some. Never had issues so it may be a batch or too. They do have excellent service and will replace it. I would do that first before going somewhere else.

ckcowl 06-23-2012 01:12 PM

i've not had any problems with my connecting threads thread- so far- sometimes it is possible to get a bad batch- i've bought expensive ($18 a cone) thread at quilt shows just to find it broke every couple inches & was not usable---contact them- they will make it right-
i've been using their threads for a couple years now & have been very happy (although- i do not use the egyptian cotton threads- i've never had any luck with them-regardless of source)
if you want to see what other companies have to offer you could visit Superior Threads or Atlanta Thread Company- both have large selections & are good resources to have- i will still buy most of my threads from Connecting threads but i do at times get something from one of the others....Superior threads has a great selection of Verigated Threads-which i love

BellaBoo 06-23-2012 03:22 PM

I like the colors of the single spools but I started buying the Essential Pro 100% poly size 70/3. It's lint free and great for piecing and for bobbin. It's a great value.
I noticed the cotton spools are listed as long staple cotton not Egyptian cotton. I think it use to be listed as Egyptian. This may be the reason for the change in performance. I would rather CT charge more and have the better quality thread. It's my one stop quilt shop!

Caroline S 06-23-2012 03:32 PM

I have a lot of their Essential sets of colors which are mfg in India. But the last large spools of black Essential Pro polyester are made in China. So far I have not noticed any problems but will be aware if your problem.