Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Circular sewing attachment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/circular-sewing-attachment-t220832.html)

AliKat 05-06-2013 07:11 AM

I bought one with a coupon sale at my LQS. Don't use it as just plain measuring and putting a small old fashioned tack upside down and using painters tape to keep it in place was more accurate and easier to use. Yes, I did put an eraser on top of the pin to protect me.

With the pin I can choose funny distances that I want and not have to fit in the possibilities of the circular attachment.

DOTTYMO 05-06-2013 09:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ladies quick tut on doing circles cheaply.
Placed one sided sticky stabiliser on back of the yellow.
Hobbs batting with a white backing.

Astrip with inches measured to use to work out the radius of circle

DOTTYMO 05-06-2013 09:43 AM

The first picture shows setting up the tape in line with the needle. Easier to do with needle down. Line top of tape with needle and begin by touching the needle when set I then cut off first 1/2 inch so feed dogs work.
Second picture position the expensive drawing pin at the size you want and tape down.tip od drawing pin in line with needle.

DOTTYMO 05-06-2013 09:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
N ext find centre of the piece of work and push it over the pin and fabric under the needle.

I have Used a wide opening and to show did a round with a pattern.

Moved the pin in next picture to new radius and used a zigzag.

Nammie to 7 05-06-2013 09:50 AM

I have the tool - just took a class that featured this product. It is a fun thing to use. I don't think it world work for quilting unless it was a small wall quilt.

DOTTYMO 05-06-2013 09:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have shown in the last 2 pics the back and front. I did not take ages just let fabric go round with hand on drawing pin to keep in place. Notice they did match up in a circle . I have not cut ends etc so you can see locations.

Hope you understand and it helps someone.

Size limited to size of throat.

GagaSmith 05-06-2013 11:56 AM

Thanks Dottymo for the tut. I got the attachment at local sewing machine store for a lot less than what I've seen on line. I know I probably can't use it to quilt large quilts but baby quilt and wall hangings will work well. I will be using it to make circles for a cute child's quilt - a fish with lots of bubbles coming up out of his mouth.

nativetexan 05-06-2013 12:51 PM

can you possibly put the photos right side up?? that would help.

pattypurple 05-06-2013 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is a small quilt i made with the circle attachment for my Brother machine. i embroidered the characters first. there were 3 or 4 layers of fabric. after making a circle the center was cut out of each layer starting with the largest circle first

KarenR 05-06-2013 04:32 PM

I wonder what this tool looks like. The video will not load.