Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Clutter!! It keeps following me!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/clutter-keeps-following-me-t168370.html)

#1piecemaker 11-15-2011 11:00 AM

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Okay. Am I the only one that makes a tee total mess when I am quilting? It is like when I clean house. Everything winds up out of place before it gets put back in place. I really don't see the need of putting things back where they belong as long as I am using them. and, since I work on my quilting the majority of the time... why put things away? that way they are there when I need them next? Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me? My DH is an absolute neat freak and everything has to be in order. Maybe I am just rebeling against his ordeliness and am creating utter caos? What do you think?

tucsonquilter 11-15-2011 11:04 AM

Oh I am right there with you. My DH is also a neat freak. His favorite saying is everything has a place and everything should be in its place.....now while I am around quilting......!!!!!

emsgranny 11-15-2011 11:06 AM

You could be rebeling :) But I do the same thing - I leave everything out until I start spending more time looking for a tool or a piece of fabric or a block - when that happens I know its time to clean up and resume from there!!

butterflies5518 11-15-2011 11:13 AM

I pick up at the end of every sewing session - my sewing room is too tight to leave things around. My BF is also rebuilding the computer for that room so he goes in there to piddle with it. I have to clean up his mess to make mine! I am also working on getting him started in quilting and lord help us then! He is super messy, I am an organizer!

Tartan 11-15-2011 11:14 AM

I clean up after each completed project but not during. I also clean the debris out of my machine and oil it if needed. My sewing corner is neat enough for me but I don't organize it too much or I can't find anything. Everyone knows not to touch anything in my area even though I live with a neat freak too.

momto4 11-15-2011 11:15 AM

I dont have a sewing room or anything so I just take over the dining room and we eat in the living room when I am working on a project, but it looks like there was a tornado in the dining room while im working. I would be to ashamed to share a pic haha

Mamatron 11-15-2011 11:23 AM

I have stuff all over the house. I guess I am not good about putting things away.

SharonTheriault 11-15-2011 11:24 AM

I am so blessed that I have a room with a door on it and don't share it with DH. Of course, when I go back in the sewing room, I think someone else was in there. I could swear it wasn't that messy when I left. :-)

jaciqltznok 11-15-2011 11:27 AM

HELLO....creative clutter is good for the soul! That is my story and I am sticking to it!

dakota gal 11-15-2011 11:29 AM

messing sewing room

Yes I don't clean, straighten up everyday. While working on a quilt every piece of fabric
(I mostly make scrappy quilts) is laying around, on table, floor or where ever it is convienent.
Right now it is a mess and I don't care.