Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Blog Entries

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Okay. Am I the only one that makes a tee total mess when I am quilting? It is like when I clean house. Everything winds up out of place before it gets put back in place. I really don't see the need of putting things back where they belong as long as I am using them. and, since I work on my quilting the majority of the time... why put things away? that way they are there when I need them next? Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me? My DH is an absolute neat freak and everything has to be in order. Maybe I am just rebeling against his ordeliness and am creating utter caos? What do you think?
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Oh I am right there with you. My DH is also a neat freak. His favorite saying is everything has a place and everything should be in its place.....now while I am around quilting......!!!!!

Blog Entries
    You could be rebeling But I do the same thing - I leave everything out until I start spending more time looking for a tool or a piece of fabric or a block - when that happens I know its time to clean up and resume from there!!
    Grandmas are just antique little girls!!

I pick up at the end of every sewing session - my sewing room is too tight to leave things around. My BF is also rebuilding the computer for that room so he goes in there to piddle with it. I have to clean up his mess to make mine! I am also working on getting him started in quilting and lord help us then! He is super messy, I am an organizer!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Power Poster
    I clean up after each completed project but not during. I also clean the debris out of my machine and oil it if needed. My sewing corner is neat enough for me but I don't organize it too much or I can't find anything. Everyone knows not to touch anything in my area even though I live with a neat freak too.

Blog Entries
    I dont have a sewing room or anything so I just take over the dining room and we eat in the living room when I am working on a project, but it looks like there was a tornado in the dining room while im working. I would be to ashamed to share a pic haha

I have stuff all over the house. I guess I am not good about putting things away.

I am so blessed that I have a room with a door on it and don't share it with DH. Of course, when I go back in the sewing room, I think someone else was in there. I could swear it wasn't that messy when I left. :-)
    Save the Earth!

Itís the only planet with Chocolate.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    HELLO....creative clutter is good for the soul! That is my story and I am sticking to it!

messing sewing room

Yes I don't clean, straighten up everyday. While working on a quilt every piece of fabric
    (I mostly make scrappy quilts) is laying around, on table, floor or where ever it is convienent.
    Right now it is a mess and I don't care.

I drop things on the floor when I'm working on something and then at the end of the project I have to pick it all up and restore order before I get going on something else. I hate clutter and my DH is the king of clutter! He's not allowed in my room except by invitation.
    Debra

I don't clean my quilting area while working on a project. I agree, everything (rulers,pins,patterns,etc)is within reach that I am using. I read a book once that very intellingent people do their best work in clutter! LOL

HA HA HA - I loved this one! I have a dedicated room so I can close a door. My DH is pretty tolerant as long as the door can close. I tend to destroy everything while I'm on a project. As soon as the project is done I have to clean up everything and put everything away. If I didn't the next project wouldn't be as fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    HELLO....creative clutter is good for the soul! That is my story and I am sticking to it!
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

Blog Entries
    I'm middle of the road myself. I like things to be picked up, but I'm not anal about it. My DH is, too. But I wish he were a neat freak to help keep everything in it's place ... but then, that would probably drive me crazy. We're happy being middle of the road folks.

I have to sew on my dining room table. My husband has card night during the winter when he is not farming. So every six weeks I have to clean up, put everything away and then I get to start fresh. Just ask moanawahine. She is my daughter.

I clean up when I finish a project. Right now my sewing room is a disaster area; but I know where everything is. I'll clean up before I start the next quilt. Fortunately, I can close the door and no one sees the mess but me.

I'm also blessed that I have a sewing room with a door, lol. I do make a mess while doing a project; and try to clean up between projects. But sometimes I have an order before I have a chance to clean up, so get busy on that. That does make a big mess!

I am very lucky to have an outbuilding with a very large room for my quilting. But I still have lots of clutter while I am working on a project (and I am usually working on a project ) When a temporarily abandoned project starts to get in the way, I put it into a container and clean that area. I keep saying that after Christmas I am going to do a thorough cleaning.

Right now my sewing room is a mess because I have this interminable quilt on the board. I am hoping to finish it soon and clean up my room. That sounds like an excuse doesn't it? Bad me.

I have a sewing room, but, it seems to be a mess most of the time. it is red up now but a few days from now.. who knows. I do work better when it's not cluttered. Then I can't find a thing. After Christmas I'm am seriously going to clean out.
    My DH is also a neat freak without any hobbies.
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
    I drop things on the floor when I'm working on something and then at the end of the project I have to pick it all up and restore order before I get going on something else. I hate clutter and my DH is the king of clutter! He's not allowed in my room except by invitation.
    I showed this quote to my DH because he thinks he is the only one on the planet who cannot enter my sewing room because he creates a mess. I have nicknamed him "PigPen" from the Charlie Brown comic strip. He is bodily clean but seems to leave a mess in his wake. I don't know how he does it. Magic?

Hehe, yes, I seem to have a problem with clutter too. I do get it straightened up, though before I start a new project. It's hard to keep everything neat when life is going on along with all the projects. My husband doesn't complain about it, though. I am organized most of the time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonTheriault View Post
    I am so blessed that I have a room with a door on it and don't share it with DH. Of course, when I go back in the sewing room, I think someone else was in there. I could swear it wasn't that messy when I left. :-)
    It's the same here, I know it didn't look that bad when I shut the door either!

I use my sewing room (Very small) and my dining room, I am working on a scrappy quilt sewing strips together. My dining room is a mess. I love clean and orderly but, can't get anything done like that. I am getting lazy in my old age.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    Okay. Am I the only one that makes a tee total mess when I am quilting? It is like when I clean house. Everything winds up out of place before it gets put back in place. I really don't see the need of putting things back where they belong as long as I am using them. and, since I work on my quilting the majority of the time... why put things away? that way they are there when I need them next? Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me? My DH is an absolute neat freak and everything has to be in order. Maybe I am just rebeling against his ordeliness and am creating utter caos? What do you think?
    Is your sewing area out in the midst of the regular house or is it in a room by itself? WHERE your sewing area is located would be the deciding factor for me.
    If it's on a kitchen table, on one side of the family room, or in the bedroom you sleep in, I'd have to say 'clean it up'...at least a bit...when your done for the day. If it's in a room by itself (or even sharing with another area) or in the basement or other out of the way of everyone area...I say 'let it be' when your done for the day.
    Good luck figuring out a happy medium!
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast