Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Corner triangles won't line up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/corner-triangles-wont-line-up-t160635.html)

slhager 10-15-2011 10:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I need some help...I'm working on the Garden Twist pattern and can't for the life of me get the trellis to line up. (The corner triangles) I've sewn and ripped out a dozen times. What am I doing wrong?

Kas 10-15-2011 11:02 AM

Pin more. Put a pin through the intersection, but just put it straight through so it is sticking out the back. Then put a pin on either side of the set pin and secure the fabric with those. Now remove the first pin. See if that helps with keeping it in place. If you have already been doing that, then I don't know! LOL! Good luck!

Rhonda 10-15-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by slhager
I need some help...I'm working on the Garden Twist pattern and can't for the life of me get the trellis to line up. (The corner triangles) I've sewn and ripped out a dozen times. What am I doing wrong?

Can you back the camera up and show a wider shot of your corner? It would help to see what comes before and after your triangle.

Edit: you could trim an 1/8" off the blue and bring the triangle up where it should sit. Pinning or tacking is also good to get it to meet well.

slhager 10-15-2011 11:06 AM

I'll try that. Thanks

slhager 10-15-2011 11:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Can you back the camera up and show a wider shot of your corner? It would help to see what comes before and after your triangle.

Edit: you could trim an 1/8" off the blue and bring the triangle up where it should sit. Pinning or tacking is also good to get it to meet well.

Bigger shot of the corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271753[/ATTACH]

LivelyLady 10-15-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Pin more. Put a pin through the intersection, but just put it straight through so it is sticking out the back. Then put a pin on either side of the set pin and secure the fabric with those. Now remove the first pin. See if that helps with keeping it in place. If you have already been doing that, then I don't know! LOL! Good luck!

Great advice! I'm going to note this in the "quilting hints" notebook :-D

slhager 10-15-2011 11:11 AM

Sorry, the blue is the ironing board cover. Gotta work on my photography. LOL

slhager 10-15-2011 11:13 AM

Where I'm off is the lower corner of the dark green. Where the long dark green meets up with the dark green corner.

Prism99 10-15-2011 11:30 AM

Where I'm off is the lower corner of the dark green. Where the long dark green meets up with the dark green corner.

That corner is where you need to place the straight pin, and then the two securing pins.

Looks like you need to "ease" in the longer piece. Keeping it on the bottom will help a little.

It would also help to sew from the top of that corner -- less sewing before you get to the crucial corner. You still need to pin the other end and "ease" in the longer piece to have everything work out.

QuiltnNan 10-15-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady

Originally Posted by Kas

Great advice! I'm going to note this in the "quilting hints" notebook :-D

i learned this from alex anderson's tv show years back