Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craft show displays (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craft-show-displays-t160957.html)

GagaSmith 10-16-2011 05:46 PM

My thought was similar to wolfkitty's. If you or DH could make a stand like a clothes tree, like a straight free standing square, tall board, and put hooks up and down the board on all four sides. I'm sure this doesn't make much sense but picture an artificial Christmas tree before you put the branches on. You could hang bags on all sides.

deedum 10-16-2011 05:50 PM

what about a board with those 3d white hooks, you know the kind you pull the tab and it then can come off? My friend uses them for everything.

ssnare 10-16-2011 05:59 PM

Hinged ped board and use "S" hooks.

alikat110 10-16-2011 05:59 PM

take a screen frame and nail the lattice boards to the back. paint, decorate, and hang!!!!

jaciqltznok 10-16-2011 06:26 PM

I use the clothes racks, BUT I zip tie peg board to them...front and back so it can be seen both sides..IF you have the room to do that..if not one side is plenty!
Paint the peg board a nice neutral color, but not too light..you can find the small hooks for the peg board at Lowe's usually. YOu can also get Shelf brackets for the peg board and put a small shelf on the top and bottom for stability! and for standing bags!

Good luck!

Lori S 10-16-2011 07:01 PM

I recently purchased two wire grid walls for my booth , they made a HUGE differnence ... as you can get more display at eye level and just above . People will look up a little , but anything below 2 1/2 feet is like no- mans land.
They are not too expensive and are quite flexible as to the way you can use them. They do come in various sizes.
I did make a modification to the the hardware that was sent for the feet. I purchased wing nuts to replace the tiny nut they provide. The wing nuts make it much easier for a faster take down. Just wish I had gotten them sooner.
Oh one more tip .. for the tote bags .. I use balloons for a filler in the bag.

Tartan 10-16-2011 07:39 PM

If you have one, a wooden drying rack will work for a hanging display. I'm thinking of the ones that scissor in and out and lock in place. A folding screen can also be used if you find one that you can tack nails or hooks into. Any two pieces of wood will work with hinges so that it folds flat to travel and when open it forms a triangle shape. I've seen two long louvered/shutter panels hinged toether. Several louvers were remove across from each other to run boards through to make shelves and to keep the panels in the V shape to stand up.

Noiseynana 10-17-2011 01:17 AM

Why couldn't you use the canopy inside?? They do at our mall.

jitkaau 10-17-2011 02:27 AM

How about hinged peg board stands?

bvillequilter 10-17-2011 02:47 AM

Please post a photo of your booth! I would love to see how you decided to display your totes.